Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Highly recommend Koji (Koichiro), a lot of fun for style conscious tweens

Koji was the most brilliant guide ever! He was really able to tune the tour to exactly what my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
paulageneva
Highly recommend Toshiko A to guide you around Tokyo

We had an amazing first day in Tokyo with Toshiko as our guide. She met us as arranged in the lobby... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
I6043ODjans
Adelaide, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Tokyo
from $210.91
from $145.00
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
1,020 Reviews
from $111.69
from $48.93
More Info
All reviews full day tour katsu wonderful guide tokyo tour helped us navigate walking day custom tour great understanding the subway system private tour historical information jr passes speaks excellent english walking tour fish market tsukiji market excellent tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Satoko was fantastic! She helped us plan what we wanted to see before the tour, buy JR passes, find souvenirs, source restaurants for dinner and see so much of Tokyo in just 4 hours. And on top of all of that, she was amazing company. Thank you Satoko we really enjoyed our tour with you.

1  Thank TeamWilliams2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Makiko was the most wonderful guide. She met us at our hard to find accommodation, showed us how to use the train ticketing system, took us to some of the major sites and was full of knowledge about them. She helped us find a hedgehog cafe and was just generally wonderful. I can highly recommend Makiko as your guide in Tokyo.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2020

We decided on specific parts of Tokyo to visit and Toshi also brought up ideas. We enjoyed participating in a New Years ceremony taking place in a temple we might never have found on our own. Toshi also is an expert in public transportation that made it possible to visit so many places in one day.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020

We really enjoyed our time with Chika. Since we were only in town for one full day we wanted to make the most of it. We were able to do so much more with her then we would have been able to do on our own. We learned a lot about the sites that we were visiting from her. By the end of our tour I felt like I could have navigated the subway system and found my way around thanks to Chika taking us on many subway trips so see the sites. I recommend having her as a guide.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We arranged for a full-day customized private tour through Tours by Locals and were absolutely satisfied. We were only going to be in Japan for three days and wanted to see and experience as much of a Tokyo as possible. With Tours by Locals you can search through and select from pre-screened tour guides, read their in-depth profiles, see their tour offerings and specialties, and could reach out and communicate with any of them in advance. I contacted several and selected Ms. Yumi Fukui. I reached out to Yumi two months in advance and shared our dates, interests and preferences. Yumi was originally was not available for our preferred date but she adjusted and freed up her calendar and accepted my request.

We exchanged emails and worked closely in planning our tour, including hiring a private van and driver to maximize time and distance. Yumi even assisted us with planning our remaining days in Tokyo, including making recommendations for owl cafes, and giving us an orientation on how to navigate the intricate Tokyo subways and what to expect when taking taxis (we had a van for our tour so did not ride the subways or take any public transportation during our day tour with Yumi).

We were eight in total: me with my wife and two boys, and my brother with his wife and two kids. All in all it cost us about half of what we could have expected to pay with packaged tour companies we had looked into and we had the added perks and bonuses of: 1) having a private local tour guide whom we personally selected and were able to get to know and plan our tour with in advance; 2) a big chauffeured van - it was comfortable and roomy, and 3) the flexibility to go where we wanted and at our own time and pace for a full 8-hour day. Yumi was very good in managing our time and keeping us ‘on schedule’ so we had enough time to see and do everything on our extensive list. Tours by Locals is definitely the best option if you have the time and desire to customize your tour.

A heartfelt and special thanks to our new friends, Yumi Fukui, our most gracious, knowledgeable and friendly Tours by Local tour guide, and Mr. Keiko Kobayashi our most polite and humble chauffeur. Arigatōgozaimashita. We strongly recommend them and Tours by Locals.