See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Great experience. Spent some time checking in since we didn't know any Japanese and there weren't any English speaking front desk staff when we arrived in the afternoon.

But, I must say the front desk did their best to still help out as much as possible to work around the language issue. And then VoiceTrans app helped a little too.

Locale is awesome... View onto a gushing river and the sound of water running was great in the mornings. 7-8 min walk to the nearest train station. Note that this is an unstaffed station (except the guard, who was very helpful dspute the language gap). Dusk happens really early. Nearest dinner is just next to the train station. Great food and reasonably priced. Though didn't find any convenience stores nearby. Dusk is very early at this time of the year.

Enjoyable experience overall!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days while visiting the Nikko area and had a great experience. The highlight of this place was the private little outdoor onsen on the balcony. Even in the cold November air it was amazing to use. There is also a public onsen which was a bit dirty compared to others I had seen but acceptable. The beds and room were huge compared to typical Japanese hotels and you are able to combine the 2 beds together if you so choose. The trains down to the main hub of Nikko and back up to where Livemax is leave only once an hour so make sure to pay attention to the times and plan accordingly! It is about a 7 or 8 minute walk from the station to Livemax. All in all a great hotel and definitely would stay again.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Staying here was peaceful and relaxing. The room was clean, spacious and there was a private onsen on the balcony. There is also a smaller restroom with shower in the room. For a fee there is a rental bicycle available for a stroll around the area. An excercise and game room are on the 2nd floor and a jacuzzi and bbq area is located on the roof. The dinner was buffet style and there was a small but good assortment of items from sashimi, miso soup, curry, ice cream and mochi to name a few.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a night in September 2014 with my friend from overseas.

I was very very impressed with its great cost performance. I booked a dinner and breakfast plan and it was overall 15300yen (for a room, two comfortable beds). Our room was modern/Japanese style room(larger than most of 4-star hotels in Tokyo) and it was facing a parking lot and the river. In the morning, we got to see a family of monkeys coming from the riverside so it was a nice surprise.

All rooms have an awesome open-air bathtub/shower at the balcony in addition to a bathroom inside of the room which of course you can use whenever you want to. You can get natural hot spring water in the bathtub by turning on a faucet above it (they also have cold water to adjust the temperature). They have not only in-room bathtub, but also have a public bath on the first floor where you can experience several types of bath (sauna as well in men's bath room) but you have to be naked for this one...

They have karaoke rooms(you have to pay extra fee but I remember it was not expensive, like 500yen/hour?) , mini gaming arcade, mini-gym, ping pong table etc. I could imagine it'd be even more fun if we stayed with more friends/family.

What I most liked about this hotel is its rooftop. I heard they actually just renovated the rooftop this summer. On the way to go to the rooftop looks a bit old, but the rooftop itself is amazing.

There are two jacuzzis(speaker attached!) , one large size pool, one cold water bath, one hot water bath, a big screen TV, BBQ equipments(not sure if you have to pay extra though) and some chilling space. I think you can even bring a DVD by yourself and play on the screen. We went there at night after we had a dinner and no one was there so it was very nice we got to relax well after a long day in Nikko. :)

They also have a full-day rental bike service for 1000yen/person. Since Tobu world square and Nikko Edomura is in biking distance, I highly recommend that you use it.

As for staffs, they're very friendly and helpful, but it might be better to remember some basic Japanese phrases just in case they don't speak English. (I'm Japanese so I couldn't figure that out..)

The only downside of the hotel is that they don't really have guide signs in English and that there's no restaurants or convenience stores open nearby during night.
But that's not just this hotel, but also the same for other hotels in Nikko /Kinugawa areas. You should expect all stores close by 5 or 6pm in the area. That's also why I was so glad we chose a dinner and breakfast plan.

I definitely recommend to stay at this hotel if you're looking for a reasonable yet decent hotel near Nikko or Kinugawa.

Date of stay: September 2014
5  Thank 180sn
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I should say we are currently staying at this hotel, so this review might need changing if this place suddenly wows us out of our initial bad experience!

They managed to block both our debit cards when checking in by not processing them properly, leaving us with virtually no money for the entire weekend - we had to pay for the room out of the cash we had. We even rang our bank (at our expense, because they wouldn't let us make an international phone call at the desk so we could reverse the charges) to check it wasn't our fault, and it turned out the front desk had tried to take payment without allowing us to enter our pin numbers (!!!), disabling our cards for security reasons. Unfortunately because our Japanese is limited, we could not explain the mistake they had made, and could not ask for directions to the nearest cash point.

Room = beautiful. But what's the point when it sounds like a children's play area is right above our heads? Potentially so relaxing, but in the end just really stressful listening to people running around and slamming doors for hours on end. Also we had perhaps the only average view in the hotel, judging by the other reviews. We had mostly car park to look at.

So, so angry having decided to treat ourselves to what promised to be a really special hotel.

Room tip: We were on the 3rd floor overlooking a car park. Ask for a river view to avoid the angle we had, and make sure there's no noisy communal space above you!
Date of stay: June 2014