See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2016

鬼怒川三日月is one of the best hotels we have stayed during our trip to the middle section of Japan.
Beds and table were set on top of nice and clean Tatami. It’s a nice mixture. Inconvenient in that there’s no free wi-fi.
Hotel internet: no free in room wi-fi.
Hotel dinner: Buffet style. Huge dining hall. Foods/dishes were verdant and ample. one of the best.
Hotel breakfast: Plentiful.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2016

My first impression - very expensive, but when I got to see the place, tried their onsen and the buffet all I can say is wow ...it is an experience to be remembered especially for a foreigner like me.

I stayed here for 1 night together with my wife and mother-in-law. The room has 2 double-size (or is it single-size) beds and plenty of futons. Since requested my wife that I wanted to experience a ryokan style I opt for the futon over the tatami. I had 1 nicest sleep ever, maybe also due to the onsen bath I took before sleeping.

Dinner was buffet and I had my cravings for seafoods (esp. crab) satisfied. most food are good and nicely presented although few choices of free drinks. Breakfast is also nice. Choices ranged from japanese, chinese to western and there are more choices for the free drinks.

If you are staying then you have to change into traditional japanese clothings which the hotel provided. No wifi internet in the room but there is in the lobby.

Amenities includes onsen, swimming pool and table tennis but there is a time so inquire at the front desk if you want to play. The onsen is not mixed bath and they interchange the use at night and in the morning. Both onsens have outdoor onsen but one of them has this golden bathtub...yes real gold. So what's the benefit, trully I don't know but you got to get the bragging rights that you got to soak in the golden bathtub hehehe

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Darktauren
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

Overnight in a suite. Lovely traditional style Japanese room- spotlessly clean~with private onsen bath. Good location. Not far from train station. Reception helpful. Which made up for some (not all) of the Restaraunt staff- glum faces- unresponsive- dinner- Japanese food looked good- western style less so- nothing special. (Don't mean to be unkind) it really was! Most food that's meant to be hot, was warm or either cold- breakfast western style, sadly like most Japanese hotels- most hot food was warm to cold- I mean cold scrambled egg?! Paid a small fortune too! Oh well- good onsen- overall had a great time. Won't be in a rush to go back.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

I love everything about this hotel. The room is comfortable, the bath area is spacious. It's clean and well-renovated. I'd recommend for everyone to stay at this hotel.

However their management at the dining hall is beyond terrifying. We have to wait over 30 mins to be seated. As we have to check out by 10am. We have so little time to eat.

The point is, the meal is buffet. Why do we have to wait for 30mins to be seated? We'll serve ourself a meal. It's such a waste of time.

So, no, I won't recommend for anyone to stay here. Go somewhere else!

Date of stay: January 2015
6  Thank kirakirati
Reviewed January 1, 2015

Part of the Mikazuki chain in Japan - if you've been to one, you'll know what to expect! If not, this one is 3 minutes walk immediately in front of Kinugawa station (JR+Tobu) which is 2 hours from Tokyo on the fast trains. It's a mass market experience - you're not going for quiet, peace or culture. There's a good, hot pool to splash about in the building next door. Best for kids under 10. A few spas/saunas to lounge about in. A simple (normal) bath in the main building. Food is all you can stuff down your face! All your favourites - steak/tempura/sushi etc.... not top quality but I left fully fed and enjoyed it. Not cheap but an enjoyable experience if you're with family. I can't imagine going otherwise! Ah... yes... we stayed here as a stop over on the way up to Yunishigawa - 45 mins up the mountain by bus from the station.

There is wi-fi in the lobby... not in the rooms.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the back (mountain view side).
Date of stay: December 2014