See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

This is definitely an older hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised with the suite - which I would say is definitely worth splurging for as the suites are each equipped with their own private bath. Separate shower. Huge walk in wardrobe. Massage chair. Dining and living area.

The private bath in the suite was Definitely much appreciated by shy foreigners like myself, still not used to bathing in public.

The kaiseiki dinner we enjoyed here again was very traditional, so it came as no surprise that this hotel had only local guests.

The hotel staffs grasp of English is not great. But they are sincere and try very hard to accommodate.

Breakfast again isn't the best, but is very old school, like the hotel. The meal was tasty and satisfying though.

Do remember that in Japan, you need to make sure you book a non smoking room if that is your preference.

Our local Japanese friends enjoyed the public onsen which they said was very refreshing!

A taste of old school, Japanese luxury.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We booked the room called "Sui" with private bath in the room and in-room dining, and another complementary private bath for an hour. It costed us like 22,000 yen which is surprisingly cheap in Japan considering the said condition. The volume of dinner was massive and ok taste, but no local ingredients (mostly seafood while this area is not facing to the ocean). The cleanness with this Ryokan seemed a bit issue; there were some hairs in the bath tub in our room which were none of ours for sure. Also at the breakfast when I took some tea, there was a small insect came from the tea pot. If they improve these points I would recommend this Ryokan as super cost effective.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2016

We stayed in this hotel last week as the guest of our Japanese friends. The hotel looks worn on the outside, but was a real treat on the inside. Our Japanese room was very spacious and included a private onzen, a special romantic touch! They provided slippers, a Yukata (with instructions on how to wear it) and encouragement to wear the Yukata and slippers anywhere you are on the hotel property. Many of course wear theirs to the public onzen in the hotel as well as to the very good hotel restaurant. The dinner appetizer buffet was all interesting to me and breakfast was both Japanese and Western Buffets. This property is moderately priced, offered all needed amenities including soaps, shampoos, and hair dryer. The kitchen offered a tea set with different types of loose tea and tea cups and the staff could not have been more polite. A genuine Japanese experience that we will cherish for years to come!

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Kinugawa River
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2015

The Japanese-style room was spacious and beautiful. They even included a whole tea set and hot water, along with lose-leaf green tea. There is a small sitting area near the window, which had a great view of the river. The futons were comfortable, and the hot spring baths were a great way to unwind.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Tay C
Reviewed October 18, 2014

I have visited Japan more than 20 times and almost everytimes would have stayed at different hotels due to the fully booked situation in some hotels where I used to stay, so this is my first time at this hotel and I will say that if it is not paid for by someone else, I would not pay to stay here definitely.

When we arrived, there was a guest service staff went out to greet us but that was all she did. We came as a group this time and had quite many luggages but it turned out that we all had to help ourselves with the luggages to lobby and to rooms and all this time, that staff just kept bowing at us and did nothing else! Ok! What a service! Very impressed!

Luckily I went to onzen, so I had my proper clean-up there but my cousin stayed in room and found that there was no amenity in the bathroom at all, not even one single bottle of shower gel or shampoo. So, she was kinda run around and ask around if anybody happened to have with them some shower gel, and luckily someone did.

Their onzen, or so called public bath, was also very small if compared to other hotels nearby and very crowded at the time we visited. Usually we would spend time at the onzen as much as possible to enjoy the view and service but this time, we all had to rush out as there were more than 20 guests inside when the outside hot bath pool was as small as 2-3 sq.m. Also, we could notice that it was so dirty and seemed no one cleaned it properly at any time.

Dinner served and Breakfast served were average and edible. They have 2 types of breakfast for you to choose, either Japanese or Western or you can also have both from buffet.

So, overall, the hotel was despite safe but not comfortable and not clean. So if you can afford to pay a bit more, would recommend some other nearby hotels like either Kukuna or best at the Kozantei, you would be happier.

Room tip: We stayed on 11th floor and it was not clean, I saw spider web everywhere and the windows were so dirty as if never been cleaned for ages, so better avoid this floor.
Date of stay: October 2014