“Am going back next month”

Urawa Royal Pines Hotel
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels / Ryokan in Saitama
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We only stayed one night last August but it was lovely. For a western style Japanese hotel in a major city close to Tokyo, the room was spacious. The room was immaculate and the bed quite comfortable. The entire hotel is beautifully decorated. Service was of course 5 stars and the staff extremely helpful. The Japanese style breakfast buffet was extensive & delicious and included some western favorites; the breakfast pastries were perfect - light, flaky, buttery, flavorful. (I know my pastries, I used to live in Paris and and ate 2 pastries a day). And the location is quite convenient.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BarbaraVaBch

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I don't need fancy Spa, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Sports Bar, etc. I don't need marble floor bathroom with a gold color faucet. Having said all that, Urawa Royal Pines Hotel is outstanding fabulous hotel that I would definitely stay again. I have twin bed room that is big enough room compare to other typical Japanese ordinary hotels or business hotels. Room is very clean and neat. I don't see any damages except for normal wear and tear, but they are all very minors. You may not see that. Room rug is clean and excellent condition. One small love-sofa is fine. Small desk and chair are very decent. Beds are all clean, and sheets, bed cover and pillow cases are very clean. I did not see any bed bugs at all. I had very good night sleep every day. (For me, cleanness, neatness, no wear & tear are important) Bath room has bigger room. Actually bath room is bigger than Hilton Garden Inn in the US I stayed. Nice big tub, typical Japanese hand adjustable shower ( I like it better than typical wall mounted shower in the US), and Toto's automatic Washlet with heated seat. They don't look old. Room is very quiet that I don't hear any noise, TV sound nor talk from next room. Room has decent size wardrobe with 6 ~ 7 hangers. And quiet refrigerator. 42-inch Panasonic Plasma screen. House keeper has done very good job every morning. (You don't need to leave no tips. Culture difference) There is desk above dresser you can leave a big size suite case. I stayed here for 8 days. And I am very happy camper here. There are good restaurants and bakery shop in the building. Hotel staffs are professional attitude and services are wonderful. Location is about 15 minutes from and to JR Urawa Station. There are great department stores near train station. And there are many many local restaurants, retail stores, etc all around hotel. If you have certain expectation from Hotel you wish to know, be sure you call hotel and ask all kind of questions before you make a reservation. Or read reviews from InterNet in advance. I did homework. It's a great hotel for price I paid, about $82 per night. I love it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank StarShine80
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel has bigger rooms contrary to general impression of Japanese hotel being small and you have to squeeze.The rooms are cosy,comfortable and updated electronic gadgets including in bathrooms.
You don't feel a pinch when find charges are affordable again contrary to the image. The conference hall is superb matching with international standards and food arrangements are at par with any top brands.
Staff is trained and can serve equally fine vegetarian food.Wi fi in only lobby is not convenient for iPad or iPhone,but is compensated with warm and hospitable staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ajay K
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a excellent well-maintained property within walking distance of JR URAWA railway station.It is one of the best in saitama city, and gets most of its business from Wedding banquets and nearby saitama stadium. I stayed there for 4 nights, and paid the same room rate, I would have other wise paid in a decent tokyo hotel. The hotel is well maintained, with excellent service staff.

The hotel is lacking in amenties such as swimming pool, spa, fitness etc, and it becomes difficult to spend time on weekends in such a hotel after paying handsome room tariff.

Overall good hotel, if you need it only for room stay .Free internet in room, and free wi-fi in hotel lobby. !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gopalkhetan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I must admit, if I had other choice then I will definitely refuse staying at this 3-star hotel. It's old, room furniture is old they are from the 70s (see photos), breakfast is horrible, coffee is like water... the good thing about this hotel is that it's easy access to restaurants outside of this hotel. One more, they don't have wifi... so I just don't have a clue why they are rated No.1 in Saitama. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, don't stay there. Stay in Tokyo and take a train to Saitama.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank JK926
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here last year when I did an internship in Japan. The coordinator's put us here for one day/one night, before we went off with our host families and I loved it. I room was clean and nice and the staff was very helpful. I don't know if this is optional or not but I recommend the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant. It had an excellent selection of food. The hotel is also within walking distance of a major train station, a shopping area (major department stores and small mom & pop shops), AND a citibank. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Hotel room is spacious, clean. Location is 10 min from urawa station. Near two big shopping center (2009)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank h0liday_m00d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saitama
Urawa Washington Hotel
#5 of 32 in Saitama
Omiya Station
Palace Hotel Omiya
Palace Hotel Omiya
#2 of 32 in Saitama
Rafre Saitama
#6 of 32 in Saitama

Been to Urawa Royal Pines Hotel? Share your experiences!