All reviews walking distance train station starbucks edo business mall yen
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

The lobby looks nice, and they’re pretty good at apologizing (because they do it often), but that’s about it.
I and 5 other colleagues got stuck in smoking rooms despite booking non-smoking rooms. They could not book me or anyone else in another room.
The smell was terrible - nauseating even. I didn’t want to open my suitcase to let the smell get to my clothes. Stains all over the carpet, lamps, and little sofa (see attached).
This is my first of 19 nights. They did put a deodorizing machine in my room. I went out and bought some room freshener. I hope it improves over time, and I hope I don’t getting a splitting headache or get sick breathing this all night.
I still don’t want to sleep in this room or open my suitcase.

They were very apologetic to another colleague too. And I saw them going through the same routine with another woman later. Seems like they are used to apologizing without offering anything to offset the dissatisfaction.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2018

We choose to stay in this hotel coz is nearer to my son's place and is something different from staying in Tokyo.
Choose this hotel coz it's location and easy access to the station and Edo town.

Service of the hotel is ok, some of the staff are rather helpful.

Room is ok size at 15 sqm, i guess is the kind of size you should expect when you are in Tokyo.
What I like most of the hotel is the centralize location of able to go to various station by walking. Close to the EDO town. easy access to 7 11, family mart and food outlet.

If you have no need to be in Tokyo, this is a good place to start to explore. They have their local park with Cherry Blossom too.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I have really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is a perfect location for exploring historic Kawagoe, has a Starbucks and grocery store/mall attached for forgotten necessities, has parking and a train station and really supportive and helpful staff. The room interiors are a bit dated, but the beds and bedding are excellent and I slept great. Even having a drink at the old school bar was a fun experience. Give it a try!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We were booked a room for our family at this hotel by an agent for a mixed family/business trip. On arrival they brought us to 2 rooms, each with 2 twin beds that literally caused us to choke when we opened the door due to the residual smoke. Clearly it was not an option for us to leave our two children in one room and have us in another. Our children both started to cough due to the high levels of contaminants and smoke in these rooms. When we tried to explain that this was an unacceptable situation the hotel manager just kept telling us in broken english that these were our assigned rooms and switching was not possible. Finally when we were just about to leave they reassigned us to a japanese style room, which wasn't as smoky. The concierge service was marginal. When we asked for restaurant recommendations they told us to go to the 2nd floor of the hotel and could not provide us with any recommendations in the town.

Room tip: Best tip for a good room is to try another hotel
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Stayed one night to in here to visit Kawagoe, therefore, our first priority is location. It's is next to the JR station, a shopping mall as well as the shopping area. All the major attractions are within the walking distance range from 5 to 20 mins.

The rooms are quite spacious. The whole feeling of the room, hotel and services are very standard and business, not much if you are looking more a more stylish or personal touch. It's comfortable for a short stay.

Date of stay: August 2017