Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
A great place to visit on nice Autumn day!

This was the highlight of my day date with my GF in Yokosuka. The ship looks like she could head... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
4Miggy123
Interesting place to visit

Lots of interesting information and can pretty much access most of the ship. At only ¥600 (£~4) for... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2023
Littleone88
Brighton,England

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2018

If you like naval or war history or just like looking at boats this is well worth the effort.

Easily accessible by train from Shinagawa station.

Yokosuka is a nice clean port area, plenty to see. You can do a habour cruise.

The pre dreadnought ship is quite well preserved considering it is over 100 years old.

You can walk through most of the ship, a lot of steep steps however.

It is surprising how small the dreadnoughts were 15,000 tonnes.

There are plenty of guns which can be manourvered.

Well worth a visit.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2018

For battleship fans, there are several US battleships built just before or during World War II around the country, the 1916 vintage "superdreadnaught" USS Texas near La Porte Texas, but this ship is the last of the pre-dreadnaughts. This was Admiral Togo's flagship in the famous 1905 victory over the Russian fleet.
It is hard to assess just how much of the original ship is on display, as there is no access to the engineering spaces, nor is their access to the turrets.
It is interesting to note how small predreadnaught battleships were when compared to later developments of these warships. Today's Arleigh Burke class destroyers are larger in size than the Mikasa.
Just take the train to Yokosukachuo train station. Mikasa Park is within about a 15 minute walk. Yokosuka is a pleasant town to stroll through, so this is a very enjoyable way to get to the park; no taxi or bus is required.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

The Mikasa was the flagship of the Japanese navy in the Russo Japanese war and is the last surviving pre dreadnought battleship in the world. If you are interested in naval warfare this pretty much makes her a must see. A easy walk from the station, in a small park facing on the ocean.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The Mikasa (ship) is a part of the attraction in Mikasa Park. If you're into military stuffs, this is the ship that you want to visit and board at a small fee. But of course, I would say the best views is from the outside and afar.. The whole ship. If you go in scrutinize closely, you wont know if its Mikasa. LOL

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank aziziazmin
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

When my wife asked me what one thing I would want to see in Japan, I said: The Battleship Mikasa. I am a bit of a war history and naval enthusiast and felt that I could not miss seeing this famous ship.
The only remaining pre-dreadnought battleship in the world and its story is a unique and unmissible experience. The visit was even better than I expected. The ship itself is wonderful and the exhibits well done and interesting. The VR putting you on the bridge alongside Admiral Togo is nicely done and even more exciting than most games in the current football WC.
The staff was informative, very helpful, and proudly willing to share their enthusiasm for their ship and its history. My wife who graciusly took the half day with me from Tokyo to see Mikasa was pleasantly surprised how fun it was and how interesting the whole story of the ship and the Russia-Japan war was. She would though have wanted to see more of the daily life of the regular crew, how they worked, ate and slept. The ship and the museum is a work in progress, it is great to see it as it is now and I hope they will soon have one of the 12” turrets in “working order” to be able to see that marvel of engineering and how it works. Or the engine rooms!
I thank Captain Kouta and the others of the staff for their hospitality and hope to visit again next time I am in Japan.

Date of experience: June 2018