“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 112 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
NY
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week and had a fabulous time. This is my fourth time in Yokohama and staying at this same hotel and every time have had a great stay. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive. The hotel is clean and neat and the location is excellent. We did not have any problems using the table where the TV sat to connect our laptop to the LAN connection.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Yokohama, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 weeks. Love the location and the private balcony which came with my room. However that was all I liked about this hotel. In my second week, I was asked to move to a different room because of some maintenance work that had to be carried out. That would have been fine if they hadn't insist that I had to move back to the old room after one night in a different room. It was a same type of room at the same rate. However they still insisted for me to move back to my old room because another guest will be moving to the other room. Didn't understand why can't the guess just check into the other room then I wouldn't have to move twice in 2 days which is a hassle when you have lots of luggage with you.
Another collegue face a similar problem. He extended his stay and he had to check out from his room and check into another room which was a same room type at the same rate.

They could just be a bit more flexible in room arangement/logistics.

I won't stay here next time. Intercontinental was much better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sue808
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed with my young son (2 years old) at the Pacific Floor City View Twin room for 3 nights. Room was spacious and comfortable, but I felt some areas could do with improvement; no WiFi connection, LAN outlet is located inconveniently, no working desk area. Service was courteous (especially at the Pacific Lounge where we had access for breakfast, tea, and cocktail) but I got the impression that the "One Service" which is meant to be a one-stop butler service, did not do more than simply directing my inquiries to other departments - at least in my case. The location is great, connected to Queens Place, Landmark, and the rest of Minato Mirai 21. With a young son, there were a dozen places to go and play during the day, including the Ampanman Museum, Kid-o-Kid playroom, Jack Mall, just to name a few that are immediate neighborhood without having to take any train or bus.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

The dinner was held during a business function. The area outside the grand hall was spacious. Our personal belongings were kept safe by the hotel staff, as complimentary. There were several courses, served individually. Each one was beautifully and intricately decorated. We enjoyed the dinner, with accompanying friends and made new colleagues. There was martial arts performances of the young and seniors. The dinner cost us 3000JPY. However, we opted for juice drinks instead of liquor.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mb0310
JAPAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel was a contract hotel for an event that took place in Pacifico Yokohama.
Generally speaking, I didn't have good impression with hotels in Minato-Mirai area
because Minato-Mirai is a very popular tourist destination and hotels are in
'seller's market'. This impression also came from my experience with Intercontinental
Yokohama (a hotel with half moon shape), whose interior was worn out and
room was not clean.

Pan Pacific Yokohama was different (at least at this time); its room was clean and
interior was new and nice. My room had a balcony and it gave me a good view
of the bay (especially in the sunset and dawn). The bathroom had a separate
shower booth which was convenient to wash myself.

On the last night of my stay, when I returned to the hotel (which was very late),
I asked if I could extend the check out for few hours. A (female) reception staff
told me it was not possible but immediately, another staff (who seemed to be
the supervisor of the female staff) checked the room availability and gave me
an extension.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while on a two week holiday visiting Japan in which we visited Tokyo and the surrounding areas. We stayed here following our stay at the Pennisula Tokyo (which we LOVED and in which EARNS it's 5 star rating), and that consequently affects my overall impression of this hotel. With that said, the best attribute of the Pan Pacific is the view of Yokohama Bay. It's location and proximity are excellent for shopping and travel throughout the city. The eki is connected to the hotel via the mall. And there are many adjacent shopping centers and restaurants within walking distance.

We didnt have the best experience with the room we were initially given; it smelled horribly of smoke and we asked to be moved to another room, which they promptly made arrangements for. This room was much better in that we could breathe in it. The room(s) we were given did not resemble the website photos on the hotel website, in that our rooms decor was much more outdated. Perhaps they have floors of the hotel that have undergone renovations and we were not aware to ask for a room those areas. My suggestion would be to ask if considering staying here.

The hotel restaurants were very good and the service was as well. The Pan Pacific was not nearly as refined in its presentation of decor or service as the Pen in Tokyo, but I would say we would consider staying here again, though the surrounding hotels would perhaps interest me just as much.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room