“The Location Is Superb”

Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Singapore
“The Location Is Superb”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am returning customer to this hotel for my business trips. I last stayed here back in 2006 and love every bit of it and decided that I should stay here again.

The hotel is just next to Yokohama train and YCAT bus station. An easy way to get out to catch your flight at Narita Airport by either Narita Express or YCAT bus.

The department stores such as Takashimaya, Sogo, etc are located here. There also a maze of basement shops that sells japanense delicacy, curious, electronics, food, etc

Food is plentiful around the train station, departmental store and underground shopping area. The hotel also serves good japanese dinner buffet that cost about US$35 per pax.

1 Thank Teddy05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zurich
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel is ideally located across from Yokohama station, with countless eating and shopping options nearby (keep in mind many cater to office workers and close shortly after 20:00), and extensive and frequent train connections.

This hotel is more Japanese than most chain hotels:
- large number of small single rooms for business people
- most restaurants cater to locals
- the fitness room appears to cater mostly to elderly local club members... some unusual relaxation devices and very limited selection of (light) weights and machines
It is very strict about not allowing early check-in.

While the rooms are a little 'clinical', especially the bathroom, they are perfectly functional and comfortable. The large wooden desk running on one side of the room is very convenient, and the proximity sensor in the closet well-adjusted.
The basement bakery is not a good breakfast option as most of their breads are not ready until quite late in the morning.

The hotel may not be luxurious, but it is a good choice for a shorter stay, especially on the night prior to departure from Narita. The staff is not as 'internationalized' as in some Tokyo hotels, but are reliable and trustworthy.

1 Thank hp1212
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I am currently on the 21st floor of the hotel and I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised. The room is small as I expected but the bathroom is a fair size and extremely clean and new looking. I am in a room intended for only one person and I spent just over $200. At first glance, I thought my view was nothing spectacular until the sun began to set and the clouds started clearing away. Yes, I can see Mt. Fuji and I will upload photos when I get home.

The location is perfect as the hotel is maybe a 2 minute walk from the WEST gate of the JR train station. A bit of advice, don't try to cross the street,...use the stairs (there is an elevator there too which you can't see right away). Once you enter the hotel (on the 3rd floor I believe) you have to take the elevator downstairs to check-in.

A bit dissapointing that there is no gym. And of course you have to pay for internet which is another dissapointment.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Goos_Mom
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was my 1st visit to Yokohama. And the choice of hotel was decided in part on reviews from Tripadviser members. Another factor was that I am an SPG member. When I checked in, front desk told me I was being upgraded to the 25/F. I really was not expecting much when I made the booking, so to get a room on the 25th floor was unbelievable. And when I got up there and looked out the window, I could not believe the view. It was even better in the morning.

The room itself was pretty tiny, the bathroom was a decent size. The shower had the greatest water pressure. I had late checkout, which was great, it meant I could keep the room till 4 pm, instead of rushing to check out before noon.

The rate I booked was really good, as it did not include any taxes, which are enormous when I book a hotel in Tokyo.

And as Tripadviser members have pointed out, the breakfast buffet at the hotel is very good.

The only small downside was that on the 2nd night, a rather inconsiderate couple was in the room next door, the walls are not very thick. Fortunately, I was so exhausted from
a long day out that it was not long before I conked out. I certainly am looking forward to my next stay at the Yokohama Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank hydepark
San Jose
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I stayed at the Yokohama Sheraton for 4 days on business, and was very impressed. The room was consistently spotless, the staff extremely welcoming, helpful and fluent in English. They helped me find a travel agent as I was taking a few days of vacation after my business trip, they set up another hotel for me in Tokyo since I would be passing through there on my way to vacation, and all this after I informed them I'd have to check out a day earlier than planned (there was no cancellation fee, no irritation, just good service). The buffet breakfast was fabulous at only 1,000 yen, with a huge selection of Western and Japanese dishes and the best coffee I've had in a long time. It's not cheap, but I'd be happy to stay there again because it's worth it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank aaeem
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We are platinum Starwood members, so we decided to spend one night in Yokohama en-route to Osaka from Tokyo at the Sheraton Yokohama.

It looked to us like your typical Sheraton Business Hotel... nothing fancy, but sufficient for a night or two, so it was with great surprise and delight that we checked in to this very nice hotel.

As platinum we were upgraded to a corner room, which was nicely laid out and had all the normal amenities you would expect from a Starwood property. I thought it might look a bit aged from some of the photos I'd seen, but it was actually very nicely decorated and didn't look worn at all.

As we were only staying one night, we only had the opportunity to use the lounge at check-in, however there were various drinks available as you would expect, and several very nice hors d'ouvres... so nice in fact that we went back for seconds.

Breakfast, included in our rate, was served in the buffet on the second floor of the hotel. It was one of the better buffets I've had with many choices, nice, fresh food, and lots of variety.

As we are always working while we travel, the cost of internet at 1050 yen was not as expensive as some, and we were happy to pay it. Internet connection seemed to be reliable, fast and easy to connect.

The hotel could not possibly be more well-located, connected by an overhead bridge to the main Yokohama station. Everything was within reach.

If you are planning to stay in Yokohama, I highly recommend this hotel as one of the best options there!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2009

The Yokohama Bay Sheraton is conveniently located next to the main train station in Yokohama. The staff is extremely helpful, and almost everyone I interacted with had some English, which was helpful because I have virtually no Japanese.

I was in Yokohama for business, so the access to the trains was very helpful. Plenty of choices of restaurants and shopping nearby. I would not necessarily recommend this hotel as a vacation destination, but for the business traveler, it is excellent.