I was in Yokohama for an international congress. The hotel is located nearby both Pacifica Center and Congress Center. Welcoming at the hotel is one of the best I've ever seen. From the first minute to the last one, everywhere you are in this hotel, there is always a member of the staff to take care of you and all your needs. The room was fantastic, very spacious and with a wonderful view on the bay of Yokohama. From our room we had the big wheel of Yokohama just in front of us. The hotel has many types of very good restaurants. They provide with an excellent choice of meals and a very good quality of food (chinese, japanese, french, italian and more).
Around the hotel is the congress center and the Pacifica conference center, the Queen towers which is a huge shopping center with a lot of restaurants on 5-7 floors, which is also giving access to a subway station (Minatomirai) 3-5 minutes walk from the hotel. The Landmark center is located just after the Queen towers (10 minutes walk). This is another huge shopping center with a tower of more than 70 floors where is offices, an hotel and a sky see at the top. All around there is a park and other shopping centers. After the Landmark, there is another subway and train station called Sakuragicho (at 15 minutes walk to the hotel). There is also a big bus stop which can bring you everywhere in the city for almost nothing.
The city of Yokohama was a wonderful surprise. This was my third stay in Japan. I just have a few words about Yokohama: you cannot miss it.
The hotel provide with excellent rooms at a very good rate, very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and its location. I warmly recommned this hotel to all travelers looking to stay in Yokohama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Minato Mirai area is the face of the cosmopolitan City of Yokohama in the 21st century. Opening in 1991, InterContinental Yokohama Grand is the first in Japan to be operated directly by the InterContinental Hotels Group chain. Since then, the hotel, with its majestic shape of a yacht's full sail, has become a proud symbol of Minato Mirai. We invite you to enjoy a relaxing stay in the hotel's elegant space surrounded by blue sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Ctrip TA so you can book your InterContinental Yokohama Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Yokohama Grand Hotel Yokohama
- Inter Continental Hotel Yokohama
- Inter Continental Yokohama
- Yokohama Inter-Continental