InterContinental Yokohama Grand
$172
$120
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel MyStays Yokohama(Yokohama)(Great Value!)
$99
MYSTAYS Official
Hotel New Grand(Yokohama)
$473
$260
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Best Western Yokohama(Yokohama)(Great Value!)
$98
$66
  • Restaurant
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Yokohama Koen(Yokohama)(Great Value!)
$155
$121
$369
$172
JAPANiCAN.com
1,825 results
All reviewssea viewconvention centergreat viewroom upgradeamusement parkferris wheelminato miraitokyo bayclub roombusiness tripfun parkshopping mallbit datedtrain stationupon checkwonderful hotellandmark tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, in a twin room. Twin beds one was ok the other was rock hard. Good sized rooms nice view over the bay, carpet definitely need replacing but room was clean and smoke free. Location was excellent so close to whooping centre and mall. 5-10 min walk to the JR station but undercover if it rains. Would stay again

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I don't write on TA too often, but this visit compels me to. Having booked a two-night, we arrived by taxi, and although the taxi door was opened by the Bell Captain, I was told to get my luggage out of the car myself, and to put the luggage on the trolley. That was a bad start, and I then told him to do it, which he did, very reluctantly.

I am also a Gold Ambassador Member, and had to fight for the upgrade which I got after an hour. I totally concur with "Geno3J" views and comments.

After getting to the Club Lounge, it was dark, miserable, and no food. (at 6.00pm) - That was it! I summoned the Manager, and told him we wanted out.. I couldn't stand two nights in this place.. We moved to The Royal Park, much, much better for the same price. I offered to pay for the cocktails we had ordered and he said it was all free, which I thanked him for, and apologised for checking out so early. No penalty fee obviously.

It is NOT at Intercontinental standard, so please be warmed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Hotel_Critic_Mag
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear kensington100,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback and for being a Priority Gold Ambassador Member, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I am relieved to know that the manager did not penalize your early check-out and gave the cocktails for free as a compensatory gesture for all the inconveniences you have experienced. Nevertheless, I have taken notes of your feedback and assure you that proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times each time had issues. Each time tried to be undertstanding and open always left feedback after and always gave them second chance. Examples, reqested King room, I am an Ambassador Gold Card holder and was refused up grade, 2 days later the owned up to mistake and offered me breakfast in club lounge (I refused). Next trip dirty room, again no upgrade until I demanded it. Third trip room was ready and it was a upgrade took 4 trips back and forth to get door open. Have since moved back to the Nikiko in Kawasaki better service, food and staff and they are cheaper and only a 3 star but much better stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Geno3J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Geno3J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed 3 nights on business at the InterContinental Yokohama Grande hotel, 9-13 March 2013. While visiting Yokohama last August I had stayed at the New Otani, which is a fantastic hotel. However I had stared at the Grande's super-modern, 'Star Fleet HQ,' looking design from afar and was determined to stay there during my next trip.

The building, lobby and restaurants are great at the InterContinental, but the rooms assigned to me and two other colleagues were sadly disappointing. The rooms had clearly not been renovated in 10 or 20 years, with very worn and stained carpets, bed spreads, curtains, etc. The one little round table was scratched and cracked and looked like something out of a Motel 6. The chairs were an old, worn, uncomfortable bamboo set that would have looked better in a retirement home in Florida. No modern electrical fittings (plugs or internet connections) by the desk or anywhere in the room.

My group and I are traveling now and due back into Yokohama next week. I HAD reservations back at the InterContinental, but fortunately was able to change them to three nights at the New Otani, which is 'light years' more modern and comfortable, at a cheaper rate, and includes breakfast, unlike the InterContinental Yokohama.

Rgds/MJ Singleton

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Also push for breakfast to be included, otherwise you are looking at $30+.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear JimSingleton,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at Intercontinental Yokohama Grand for 2 nights. Its location is good as its very near to Minatomirai Station, shopping area and major Yokohama attractions. Lots of places to eat in the shopping mall next to the hotel. Convenience store located right across the street.
Great view from the room. Rooms are big and comfortable.
Pier cruises start from just outside of the hotel. Yokohama Landmark Tower is located at walking distance.
Hotel staff is welcoming and speak English. Airport limousine bus service is available from the hotel which is very comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple