“Tasty Pie”

Bubby's Yokohama
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We just ate pie and drank tea in the cafe portion of the restaurant. The whiskey apple pie and the chocolate pudding pie were both delicious. This is a treat for expats! Each pie slice was around 500 yen each.

The restaurant is on the bus side of the JR Sakuragicho Station (the side that faces Cosmo world).

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had been looking forward to eating a Bubby's for a while, but unfortunately the food was a major letdown. My wife ordered the brisket (which ended up being pork rather than beef) and when it came out it was 75% fat, tough, and stringy. It looked like a large slab of bacon rather than properly cooked and prepared brisket. The service was sub standard as well... our waitress was nice enough but knew nothing about the menu. When we told the cashier about the poor quality of the brisket he didn't seem to care in the slightest.

The meal was saved from complete disaster by the excellent pie (whiskey apple & cherry) but I won't be having dinner there again anytime soon.

2  Thank Chad L
Reviewed November 23, 2012

been several times and the coffee is really good and the scones are fab.. great spot for people watching and sitting out if the weathers good.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived 30 minutes after opening time and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. Our food came in good time. I had eggs benedict, which was very good and my husband had a hamburger which was just okay, but the fries were amazing! They tasted like they'd been cooked in pork fat or something, just so full of addictive flavour. Yummy! (if you like pork fat - - I know I do)

Then we ordered an apple pie and cherry pie. Wow! We asked and apparently they make them in the bakery on the other side of the restaurant, which is unbelievable. They taste just like from back home with a traditional lard crust. The crust even has a touch of cinnamon in it and it's just so light and flaky but with substance. The fruit was excellent as well. I have no idea where they got those cherries from, but they sure tasted good, nice and sour.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Since I came to Japan nearly four weeks ago I have been constantly tempted and let down by all of the delicious-looking cakes which always turn out to be fake and tasteless. Bubby's pies are so good! If you are like I was; fed up of substandard cakes (especially when you are from Europe and are to used to high quality, hugely tasty cakes) Bubby's is for you! Try the key lime pie- you will not be disappointed!