See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

My experiences with Toyoko inns are consistently good and predictable. Great value: ~$75 for a night and includes breakfast for two. Rooms are average for Japan (small but not tiny.) Always clean and nice bathrooms but nothing fancy. Great value.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie O
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

In my opinion Toyoko Inn is a good choice for budget travelers. The room is small, and the lobby is crowded during breakfast. However the minimum comfort is guaranteed. The hotel is just 5 minutes' walk from Sakuragicho station (JR and Subway) and also within a walking distance from Minato Mirai area. The nearest station is Bashamichi.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimitaka S
Reviewed October 12, 2014

This is an economy hotel mostly patronized by businessmen. We stayed here while on a tour of Japan. The room was very compact and there was barely enough room to move around. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. There was a built-in desk and a chair and a small refrigerator. There was a LAN connection in the room but I couldn’t get it to work. I also couldn’t get the wifi in the lobby to work. There are two computers in the lobby for customer use. Breakfast was a buffet of Japanese food, mostly rice items and macaroni on the morning we were there. The hotel is within walking distance of the Sakuragicho railway station.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jspace63
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The rooms may be small but is well equipped with a mini water boiler and an air purifier. Within walking distance from Minato Mirai 21.. As you step out of the hotel, you can see Landmark Tower. Do pay a visit to the Landmark Tower Sky Garden observatory on the 69th floor and you can get a glimpse of Mount Fuji. The Sakuragi-cho subway station is a mere 5 minutes walk away so that makes communication very accessible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GAN L
Reviewed April 9, 2014

a couple of minor problems, but not specifically for this hotel per se. I was alone and was visiting a friend in Yokohama. When he came to pick me up, I told him to come to my room and we could have a beer while I finished getting ready. He told me he couldnt come up. ( it was daytime,not after midnight or whatever. ) He was happy to wait, but I couldnt accept this. I called the desk and told them I wanted him to come up. sorry. I went to the lobby to ask why and explain it was only for 20 minutes. still no. I understand it is their policy but I definitely do not agree.
Other than this, GREAT location, steps from subway. Minato Mirai is also a short walk. The stadium is very close as well.
Room was very small but clean and great price.
Excellent location
One night I was drinking a bit ( a lot) and got lost walking back to hotel. It was raining pretty hard and I walked the wrong way without an umbrella for quite awhile, i didnt care I was happy wandering around. When I finally made it back after maybe an hour I was soaking wet and probably looked a mess. As soon as I walked in the lobby, I was warmly greeted and a girl ran to me with a towel! Very impressive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo