2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$147
Hotels.com$147
Travelocity$147
Orbitz.com$147
Vio.com$147
Trip.com$150
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2017

BEWARE:
IF You pay your spa/onsen bill with a credit card they will AUTOMATICALLY calculate the bill in your home currency "for your ease" and THEIR benefit-- the exchange rate they give you is MUCH LOWER than my credit card company was providing me. TELL THEM "NO"-- provide bill in YEN (then you get the exchange rate from your credit company-- much better deal for you, not for them)

As for the Onsen itself-- Fair to Average--PRICEY (I downgraded it to POOR due to the billing issue). (I guess they also have a Hotel attached to this property).
This review is for the ONSEN SPA.

I went to this "in town" Onsen (mineral bath spa house) after my "Cup Noodle" Museum visit — for this onsen, in the middle of a major city without natural access to a hot water spring— they truck in the water.

It was a good ONE-TIME experience— but as I’ve been to MANY spas in China, ALL that put this one to shame I wouldn't go back to this one…But go and be aware. I went solo and speak no Japanese...so was flying by the seat of my pants, except I wasn't wearing any pants in the spa.

So in essence you go into same-sex only areas: 1) clean/wash/shampoo yourself VERY WELL sitting on short stools in a little 1/2 sectioned off cubicle in a row of 15 other such cubicles…then and only then, you have the option of dipping in the indoor pool 1.5 ft. deep, or the outside shallow pool/in a natural setting, or outside in a cedar tub in same natural setting overlooking the bay-- very nice of a sort….all on the 7th floor of this building. I didn't go to the top floor--where I hear you can view the huge ferris wheel and soak your feet in hot water (that area is co-ed so everyone is wearing their spa clothes)

If too hot—options: sit 1/2 out of water, get out of hot water, or go to the COLD water plunge. In addition, there are dry sauna, steam sauna, steam herbal sauna, and full-body scrubbing room done by little Asian women.

Then the next option is to put on a spa-provided outfit and wander bare foot into a restaurant area…there is a one with menus (photos, no English) and a buffet with food sold by weight (nothing marked in English, no instructions that is the way it is sold—) all a crap shoot…my six item 28usd meal with one beer, had only two items I should have bought—I am learning!

Supposedly there is a room where you can lounge in huge lounge chair and watch your own individual TV— never found it.

By the end of two hours I was cooked “well done”. And knew the bus I needed (comes only once an hour) was soon arriving…so I checked out— two hours, several very nice relaxing soaks (2500yen for entry), two great dim sum shumai (didn’t like the other items), and a nice very cold glass of Kirin beer—the whole learning experience a pricey 55usd (65% of that was the food and drink).

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank LittlePrince1977
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Interesting concept of a huge spa complex offering various sorts of entertainment after hot spring bath in the middle of the city. Due to the large number of visitors and the limit on how much natural hot spring they can truck back into the city from the countryside, the bath itself way too much chlorine added in for hygienic reasons. The food at the restaurant was overpriced as well, for a place that already charges you for admission.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank shinkunimnine
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

Clean, great food, lovely views, rooms are very comfortable. Have been here many times and have never been disappointed. If u want the good food more the menu, order early as it often sells out early in the evening.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Dano1958
Reviewed December 13, 2015

To be honest, I was kind of disappointed. There was nothing majorly wrong with the place, but the water smelled a lot of chlorine, kind of like Yunessun in Hakone. On a rainy Sunday afternoon in December, there was a huge line going in so it was quite busy inside as well. I enjoyed the “salt sauna” and the herbal saunas (one even with a TV inside!) The outdoor hot spring pools were decent but a bit crowded and the view wasn’t that great. Decent amenities. Overall an okay experience, but not overly relaxing with quite a few people chatting right next to you. The view of the Ferris wheel from the 9th floor foot bath was nice, but it was a bit cold and wet in the winter.

There are free shuttle buses to and from Yokohama Station. There's free wifi but it only works on certain floors.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank redeyeblues
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Manyo is one of my go to onsens in the Tokyo metro. While the experience is not that of a ryokan in the country side the convenience and size of it mean you can always pop in for a bit of relaxing.

The highlights are of course the rotenburo in winter and the massage services available. I can't share the name of the therapists i always book with as that would not be in my own self interest.

The food is solid although not quite as fancy as say Spa LaQua in Tokyo Dome City and the relaxation room is not quite as nice either. That being said it is also 20% cheaper.

Date of stay: July 2015