All reviews within walking distance the hotel staff convenience japan usd kettle desk harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Well appointed business hotel in the center of Yokohama. Between two main underground lines and walking distance (15 min) to the harbour park and main attractions The Richmond delivers creature comforts in style and space. Surprisingly large rooms, friendly reception and excellent breakfast included (separately only Yen 1100 ~ 10 USD). Warmly recommended.

Room tip: Higher up facing the sea
Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Richmond Hotel. If I come back to Yokohama I will consider staying here again.

The staff is friendly, attentive, helpful and very capable of speaking English. They were always pleasant even when I had to check out at 5am to catch my flight home.

I was very impressed that each room was supplied with a handy smart phone. It's an Android-based smart phone which comes pre-loaded with useful apps for tourists like Google Maps and information about the city. And you don't have to pay extra! This is very useful considering how difficult it is for tourists to get a temporary pre-paid SIM card in Japan.

My room was clean and had a mobile charger, kettle, TV, mini-fridge and alarm clock. I loved how if I didn't want my room made up that day the cleaning staff would leave a bag of fresh towels at my door. I love the attention to detail.

Breakfast at the hotel restaurant gives you a choice choice between Japanese-style and Western-style food. The glass walls provided a nice way to ease into the day while enjoying my breakfast and watching the world go by.

The hotel is in a good location too. It's within walking distance of a train station and rows of shops and restaurants. The hotel is surrounded by convenience stores (some of which are 24 hours).

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018

It`s almost a perfect hotel deal, this... Great price if you are early enough ordering the room, and they are not too small. Equipped as they are with a very good bed, a work desk, small useful items (adaptors, your own phone device, a fridge, a water boiler...)
as well as place and space enough to have a small walk around in the room... it`s good! The bathroom is comfortable and have all what`s needed, and it`s all clean, super clean!
The overall service is super and smiley! If anything to point at, being a bit critical, it must be the breakfast that is slightly boring, not exciting at all, but does contain enough of Asian as well as western options to be fed... but again; it feels like less smiley and adventurous than the rest of this hotel operation. Still; I like the hotel very much and will certainly return since it`s well situated central down town Yokohama!

Room tip: Even main street rooms are quiet enough!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2017

I stayed 1 night with my 2 friends, I felt that this hotel is value for money, not expensive with well located in the middle of the city, very near to the restaurant and convenience stores. Very clean with standard furniture, bit old.
The water pressure was good, they have drinking vending machine inside the hotel, I think it is in every floor... which is good, we can just step outside and buy.
The only thing that bothers me is they have very strict check in time, so I have to wait several hours before I can check in since my arrival time was early in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2017

The hotel is decent with necessary amenities to ensure you have a fuss-free stay in central Yokohama.

The hotel's location is its main selling point - and you are within 10-15 mins walk to most major landmarks around Yokohama.

Room tip: Check-in starts only at 2pm
Date of stay: February 2017