All reviews premium suite organic vegetables private bath train station breakfast and dinner beautiful paintings live piano music semi open air relaxing stay booked nights lock the door hotel dining running stream western comforts hot tub japanese clothes coffee machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 nights on our honeymoon in December 2019. The rooms are amazing! spacious and the in room hot springs hot tub is worth it! Delicious breakfast and dinner included each day. The staff were very helpful and able to get us anything we needed. Highly recommend a stay here if in the area!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in January 2020. While the staff and food was excellent, the accommodations were lacking and in desperate need of some attention. Hotel and rooms felt old.

We had stayed at a variety of properties across Japan so were able to compare to other hotels. The price per room here was high so we were expecting a nicer experience. We even opted for the “suite” with in-room soaking tub. The bed was not very comfortable, noticeable stains on carpet and mats, and the bathroom shower was outside next to the hot soaking tub.

As mentioned everyone on staff was very friendly and the hotel dining was really delicious.

See pictures.

Overall it was fine but given the price I think you could do better.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2019

Nice cozy hotel with private onsens. The dinner and breakfast was included and our meal preferences were catered for. The staff were friendly and provided excellent service. The rooms had the view the of the mountains but the toilets were a bit cramped. Didn't see any art or music in the hotel, so not sure why it is named as such.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank lamirap
Reviewed December 7, 2019

We stayed here for 2 nights in a room with a private onsen. The room was spacious and had modern amenities and was very clean, the private bath in the room was very good and of a decent size. The hotel also provides private family onsens on the 1st floor on a first come first serve basis, so if you find one available, you can lock it and use it. There are also larger public baths for each gender.

Service was good and there is machine on the first floor where you can get free hot drinks.

Dinner was also very good, the chef's modern take on Japanese cuisine was presented very well, and his use of organic vegetables in meal adds a heathly element to it.

There is a running stream on the valley below the hotel which you can see from the lobby, adding to the tranquility of the location.

In summary, this is an excellent choice for a private and relaxing retreat in Hakone to enjoy the hot springs!

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank HoKM
Reviewed December 4, 2019

Upon arriving in the lobby, guests are treated to a picturesque backdrop of Hakone scenery and live piano music. The view from our room was beautiful, and the private hot springs are a big attraction for tourists. Guests also get to wear Japanese style robes that are very comfy and can be worn all around the hotel. As for the included dinner, from where I'm from (Melbourne, Australia), a meal like that probably would've cost around the same as the total stay here. It's proper high class fine dining, and the service is great.

I don't usually write reviews, but they went far above and beyond what I could expect. After already checking out in the morning, I left my luggage at their reception (free of charge) and went to look around Hakone, planning to take an evening bullet train from Odawara station. Once I came back to collect my bags, I realised I'd mixed up the public transport and was going to miss my train. They tried calling a taxi for me but all the taxi companies refused, saying there was no way they could get me there in time.

This is when one of Manatei's employees actually offered to drive me there himself. He had zero obligation, wasn't charging me anything, and I had already checked out in the morning and was no longer a customer to them. I can't ever recall being offered this kind of hospitality before. I'd recommend this place to anybody :)

Date of stay: November 2019