“Good food and service”

Tamura Ginkatsutei
Ranked #10 of 484 Restaurants in Hakone-machi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

This was one of the few restaurants open after 7 in Gora, so we were happy to find it and be welcomed so nicely. The food was decent and the service attentive. If you are a vegetarian, this is a good option as there specialty is tofu.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed November 3, 2018

The tofu dish really is awesome. Wish I could find it here at home or recreate. Great place to try if near Gora.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We were a bit disappointed with the food. They serve the decent tofu cuisine, but not exceptionally good to justify the long queue. Instead we thought the “tofu” ice cream that was selling just next door is definitely a hidden gem!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Yes indeed, I had to wait 2 hours before I could get in! It was at lunch time and I had read in other reviews that a 30 min walk in the town was just about the time needed, well to give you an indication (if you do want to wait), the moment I arrived number 46 was up and I had number 93. Another plan might be to just go in the evening, I heard in the hotel that in the evening there are far less people. I wish someone had told me that :). And then the food! Well yes the specialty tofu hot pot was good but definitely not worth waiting for this long. The interior nothing special, the service okay.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Had to wait an hour to get a table but was definitely worth the wait! Tofu was delicious and around £6 was definitely somewhere I would recommend. Also nice place.

Date of visit: March 2018