This is a beautiful hotel in a spectacular site, with excellent service. The Japanese restaurant us hands down superior to the 'French' one, with an excellent breakfast and a wonderful dinner menu. The view of mt Fuji on a clear day is spectacular. My only complaint is the lack of wifi anywhere but in the lobby close to the checkin desk. I was there for a conference, and in that circumstance limited wifi is problematic. The room does have wired internet, but in 2014 it is not all that useful given that even laptops don't have Ethernet ports. I understand that this is a resort and you are supposed to relax, but as a conference site, this is not ok. Overall, however, a great resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakone Prince Hotel is built right on the shore of Lake Ashi, surrounded by greens of Kamiyama, and Komagatake.You can see Mt.Fuji over Lake Ashi, and surrounding forests. We have wide variety of guest rooms including cottages and family rooms. An open-air hot spa which has a beautiful view of the lake, it will ease you and refresh you on your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your The Prince Hakone Lake Ashinoko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Hakone Hotel Hakone-Machi
- Prince Hotel Hakone Machi