I only spent one night at the hotel, but the whole atmosphere was incredibly relaxing. While it is a bit out of the way, it's worth the extra bit of cash for the taxi there as the atmosphere of this hotel was absolutely peaceful. The hotel sits on the shore of Lake Ashi and as I wandered outside after dinner and enjoyed the peace and quiet, I found it to be the exact opposite of Shinjuku, the area I'd just come from. The staff is polite and more than helpful, the hotel/my room was clean, the room was large, the bathroom decently sized and the onsen, a delight to have onsite. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakone Prince Hotel is built right on the shore of Lake Ashi, surrounded by greens of Kamiyama, and Komagatake.You can see Mt.Fuji over Lake Ashi, and surrounding forests. We have wide variety of guest rooms including cottages and family rooms. An open-air hot spa which has a beautiful view of the lake, it will ease you and refresh you on your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Priceline, Expedia, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Prince Hakone Lake Ashinoko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prince Hakone Hotel Hakone-Machi
- Prince Hotel Hakone Machi