All reviews train station minute walk no wifi in the rooms no lift public onsen traditional room great onsen traditional japanese style english baths mattresses
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2019

The hotel was nicely located (you can easily walk from the station) and their onsen as good too but the quality of the hotel does not match the price charged. The room was old and not so comfortable bed. The staff was nice and carry my luggage but broke the suite case wheel on the process (3 floors with no elevator). For the price, I paid I was expecting much more.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Pros: The staff at reception were really friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they took our bags to our room once it was ready as we had gone out.
The location was good, not too far from the station (walking) and in a pretty town.
A nice area. Rooms large though the bathroom was not. Had hot spring bath all to myself at about 9.30 pm.
Cons: The bathroom was tiny and had a very odd smell- like old food. You could feel the springs in the mattresses. The window had frosted glass so you couldn’t see out. We did not pay for breakfast and all that was on offer was coffee and croissants. There was a full size empty fridge in the room making a lot of noise.
I could not believe that I paid £189 for something that in other countries would get you a night at a luxury hotel with a full breakfast! I did not think this hotel was ‘high end’ at all except the price!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ihatecrocs
Reviewed January 8, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with our family of 5. This hotel is only a 15min walk to the train station and 10min walk into town. There are plenty of places to eat within a 5-10 min walk of the hotel. We stayed on the 2nd floor which has a mixture of 2 standard European beds and a tatami area where the 3 kids slept on traditional futons. There is no Wi-Fi in the room the closest Wi-Fi reception is in the hotel lobby. There is a nice little cafe at the front of the hotel that does a nice breakfast for ¥500 with the voucher you get at check in. Staff very friendly especially in the cafe. Beds are very hard which seems to be a Japanese thing. Would recommend.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2018

This is a hotel that had me up every morning at 5am for a walk (And a beer, of course).

It's right beside a quiet river, and each morning in the same spot, there was a stork (I named him Beaker) that would stand in the river, still as a statue. The walk was beautiful, as is most of the area. It's about a 5 minute walk to the 7-11 and the main street, and worth every second.

The hotel itself was quiet, and peaceful. I feel sorry for whomever took my bags upstairs (I had gone on a large shopping trip in Akiba the days before), but am thankful I didn't have to drag them up the stairs.

The room....it's the biggest I've seen in Japan. It consisted of a main room with a TV, a couch, and a coffee table with the bathroom on the side. This room alone was bigger than your average hotel room, and that was only the main area. Next to it, the main bedroom, with a window you could open and enjoy the breeze and smells.

I didn't use the public onsen (I have tattoos), but my girlfriend did. She loved it, and enjoyed it more than the private onsens up the steep road in the main part of town.

Highly recommended, and just far away enough from the main road to enjoy the peace and quiet.

Room tip: Large rooms, beautiful area
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BoxerBlake
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

A bit old and worn out hotel. Good location only 10 minutes walk from the station.
But I did not find I got my money’s worth. There was a weird smell in the room, a very loud air con - to the point where I wanted to turn it off to be able to sleep. No WiFi in the rooms.
Pub and ramen place linked to the hotel was closed.
There was a nice outdoor onsen - quite small though, so don’t think I would have enjoyed it if there had been many people there.

Date of stay: July 2018