“Visiting Atsugi NAF, Covenient loactaion”

Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels / Ryokan in Ebina
Reviewed June 17, 2014

While visiting our daughter at Atsugi NAF we were space available at the Navy odge-we got bumped and needed a close by, comfortable and convenient hotel for a few nights. The Okura Frontier was exactly what we wanted. It is about a 15 minute drive from the base and within walking distance of a large mall with many good places to eat and interesting shops. A Starbucks, McDonald's and Denny are a short walk away. It is also close to other bases and posts where US Forces are stationed (on base quarters are small and staying with your family is difficult)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dayre2013
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments.
We are very pleased that you had a comfortable stay.
We hope that you'll come back Japan and stay with us again.

Best regards,

Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina
Front office manager
Kenji Umeyama

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights before checking out to Tokyo. My first impression of the lobby and the room is that it's super clean. The room is small but comfy enough and has all the necessities. This would look like the size of a budget hotel in Singapore but the cleanliness of a 5-star hotel. The hotel is within a walking distance to Vina Walk and there are plenty of restaurants around the area. It's safe to walk alone at night. The breakfast selection is not that wide but it's good enough. Overall, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Emi H
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us message.
We are glad you hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
Did you see the cherry blossom here?
Did you try liquor that one drinks at a pub and Ramen Noodle Soup?
If you have a chance to stay. We love to tell you.
We will do our best always and we looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here 10 days, this hotel is western style within 10 minutes of the train station. The station area has many food and shopping which is wonderful. Hotel meals are pricey but you can walk to eat at a number of places, including 24-hour Denny's on the corner. 7-11 next to Denny's sells fresh coffee. Staff at the hotel is top-notch who will do anything to help you! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bmickmac
Okura-Ebina-TA, お客様担当マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us message.
We are glad you hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We will do our best always for you.
We hope to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent service, location and hotel restaurants! Especially Mrs Makiko Murakami who helped with all the english translations, Ms. Yoshiko Kaijo, and the very charming sommelier Mr.Keisuke Narumi and his assistant Mr.Yuta Shimabukuro!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SulleyLucas
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
We hope to see you soon and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for 9 days with family. Good clean well run hotel. The best in the area. Breakfast was a little pricey but that is common in hotels. Good gym that you can use and in a great location. The cleanliness was first class and we will stay there again when visting our family.
Hotel bar is also a little expensive but ebina is a thriving city so plenty of options

Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matvyev
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for staying with us.
Did you have a good time in Japan with your family?
We are glad you hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
We will do our best always and We looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I knew about this hotel from working in Japan near Ebina. A person who had worked there told me about it. A hotel in this area with a reasonably sized room for less than $200 a night is not common around Tokyo/Yokohama. The hotel is extremely clean has an excellent restaurant with a breakfast buffet. The Vina Walk mall is within a block and the Ebina Odakyu and Sotetsu line rail station is less than a 1/2 mile good rail access to Tokyo and Yokohama, the Sagami JR line is slightly further away. The only issue was my Visa Card when checking in, Japan's banking system is unique and US credit cards often pose a problem in Japan. Just paid in cash around $100 per night. My wife and I stayed there for three nights. No English speaking TV is available in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GaryRW_01
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We are glad to hear that you had a great time in Japan and enjoyed our hotel.
We feel sorry about you credit card.
We have BBC news program that is only you can watch in our hotel.
If you have a chance to stay. Please ask to front desk.
We are looking forward to seeing you again!!

Best regards

Reviewed September 12, 2012

it was my first time traveling to Japan for a business trip. unluckily, i was down with dehydration during my stay. i barely walked, ate, slept and nausea feeling the whole afternoon. i called for help to the staff to get me some medicines. quickly, one of the staffs (Keiko Endo-san) with perfect English knowledge, went to my room to check my conditions. She encouraged me to visit the doctor. finally, i decided to see doctor and guess what? Keiko-san helped me to call a cab and made an appointment for me at the hospital WITHOUT me asking her to do so... i was so pleased. then, to my surprise, she said she would follow me to the hospital so that she could do the translation for me... then, i was at the hospital having the IV drip for 2 hours++... before Keiko-san left for me to do treatment, we planned that, i myself would go back to the hotel by cab .... after my treatment, to my surprise again, i saw another night shift hotel staff, she (Eri Namba-san) came to send me home and helped me to arrange payments and medicine collections... and guess what again? the general manager (Takashi Hattori-san) came along too. both of them picked me up from the hospital and sent me back to my hotel room!!!! Eri-san also helped me to translate medicine consumptions info and she also helped me to buy some bread and yogurt... in the end, i went to bed and rested well enough to be at work again fresh the next day!! i can't imagine how much they had helped me as i was sick and was alone at that time... what else can you ask for especially when you fall sick at a strange place right? kudos to the staffs and the general manager... my sincere appreciation... i wish them health and success forever!!!! thank you so much!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ching-synn T
Okura-Ebina-TA, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear guest

Thank you very much for staying with us and giving us such a wonderful
and warm message.
We are so glad to hear from you.
So, how are you doing? I hope you get well and everything goes well.
I feel so sorry that you were sick while you staying in Japan.
I heard that was your first time you visiting Japan and I’m afraid that
you couldn’t have a good memory here in Japan.
I hope if you have chance to visit Japan again!
We pray for your all success and your health.
We look forward to see you again in near future.
Yours sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebina
Hotel Vista Ebina
#5 of 27 in Atsugi
Hotel Tohkai
Hotel Tohkai
#2 of 27 in Atsugi

Been to Okura Frontier Hotel Ebina? Share your experiences!