“Stunning park”

and up
Disneyland or Disneysea 1-Day Passport Ticket and Private Transfer from Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Urayasu
More attraction details
Owner description: This sister park to Tokyo Disneyland offers water-themed rides and adventures including wild watercraft at Aquatopia and submarine rides at 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stunning park”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what to rate this park.

I had been really looking forward to visiting...however the day we arrived, there was terrible rain. I know that's not the park's fault, but that and a few other things made the day not the experience I was expecting. However altogether, I do think it's worth a visit and I wish I had visited on a nicer day.

The staff were all in raincoats and waving/smiling despite the weather, which was impressive. And the gift shops sold reasonably cheap (1000 yen) umbrellas, along with raincoats and little towels that you wear over your head/shoulders in Disney themes. I bought one of those, seemingly obvious hint - use an umbrella as well otherwise it soaks through and becomes useless!

The park is absolutely gorgeous - the architecture in the Venetian area etc is stunning and it takes your breath away when you walk in. I wish I had taken photos when I arrived and was raining less because by the end of the night I was over it! And I wish I had gone on one of the gondola rides before the weather got too bad!

The same as any Disney park, go and get your fast passes first - you can get one to start with, then you wait a couple of hours and you can get another. However, some of the places didn't have fastpass running so it wasted our time trying to find one that did!

That lead us to the other problem...the park is really confusing! There's very little signage anywhere (in Japanese or English) and the map I had didn't really explain things very well. We spent ages studying the map and trying to find out how on earth to get to a certain area!

But the areas themselves were beautiful. All of the park looks amazing.

We ran into a little problem at the underwater world area (like the Little Mermaid) when I tried to order lunch and they didn't understand I was vegetarian...I don't expect anyone to cater too much to my dietary requirements, but all I wanted was the salad without meat/fish...and it was very difficult to get! When I got it, it was just lettuce leaves. But that's common in Japan, I think I was just having a bad day considering the weather and found it frustrating that there was nothing I could eat!

The rides are good - the highlight for us was the Tower of Terror which was great. By the end of the day, some of the rides still had huge queues so we never went on the Toy Story ride for that reason...but some of the rides were really fantastic and others were average.

Still, I'd love to visit again some time on a beautiful day and I'm sure I'd enjoy it much more, which is why I'm not letting those little things affect my rating.

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amarillo, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DisneySea: Disney for Kids and Adults”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Tokyo DisneySea is the only one in the world. It is far from what is expected from a place called DisneySea. I was pleasantly surprised as I walked into a world where each section is modeled after a certain place. The Venetian area was beautiful, bringing views much similar to those of Venice to the park. Park-goers can enjoy a relaxing gondola ride through the smooth waters and under the unique bridges. Those with a thrill for excitement can travel to the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride or even take a crazy jeep ride with Indiana Jones. The shows are mesmerizing and definitely worth catching. Make sure to buy a souvenir popcorn container so you can continue to enjoy the many flavors of delicious popcorn.

Amarillo, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Happiest Place On Earth... In Tokyo?”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Finding the Disney resort was not difficult when traveling through the subway system. Disney prices are Disney prices regardless of continent. If you are prepared to spend similar amounts as you would at Disneyland or Disney World, your trip will turn out amazing. We went on a day that was slightly rainy and overcast, so foot traffic through the park was very manageable and lines for the popular rides averaged about 1hr. and 15 min. The rides were very similar, like the Indiana Jones and The Tower of Terror. What is unique about all Disney resort is the hospitality and customer service. Tokyo Disney Sea has a great show called Mystic Rhythms, where the jungle scene comes to life at the rhythm of live music and the sounds of the jungle. This is an amazing experience for the Disney aficionado, expat families looking for a piece of home, or families on a Tokyo vacation. Food flair boasts cuisine from all different continents, and there are types of food to suite any craving. My only disappointment was difficulty finding souvenirs for family members that had the Tokyo Disney logo.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unique Disney Experience!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Disney TokyoSea was my first disney park excursion, and proved to be an exciting, worthwhile experience! Before visiting the park, I was expecting a very "Americanized' resort experience, but was pleasantly surprised by the authenticity of the park and their ability to seamlessly weave classic disney stories into Japanese culture. The prices were much more reasonable than other similar experiences in the states, and the unique souvenir shops were definitely worth stopping for. Don't miss out on many different flavors of popcorn offered at the park. Exploring these popcorn stands was an experience in and of itself, with the strawberry variety being my favorite by far! Stick to the traditional asian fare when in search for food, and avoid any "southwest" flavors. Like most of Tokyo, do not expect the park employees to speak English. It may be Disney, but you still need to adapt to the language. Utilizing the "fast pass" option is key to experiencing more of the park with less of the lines. However, be forewarned that they close down the fast pass machines in the early afternoon, so try to get to everything you want as early as possible. Overall, Disney TokyoSea was a worthwhile trip!

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Entertaining walk”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It's different from DisneyLand, much more beautiful and entertaining. Still the rides are impossible to do as the waiting time goes from 3 to 5 hours for a single ride, so I personally think it's not worth the wait, especially if you have been in Disney elsewhere in the world.

We took our own food as we had been in Disneyland the day before, so we came prepared and we were right! the food seemed very average here as well.

We couldn't do any rides, so we spent about 3 hours enjoying the grounds and left after the show on the water finished sometime after lunch.

Visited March 2013