“Disappointing- line ups atrocious”
Review of Tokyo Disneyland

Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Urayasu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mickey Mouse lives on in Tokyo's version of the famed magic kingdom. This resort comes complete with hotels, thrill rides and all the familiar Disney characters.
Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing- line ups atrocious”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Be warned!!!!!----February mid-week was traditionally a great time to go to Disneyland, as it was slow season and if you dressed warmly- you were set as the lines up would be reasonable. This is no longer the case. We went yesterday on a Thursday- parking lot looked fine but there were many buses entering. Park opened at 9 am, line ups were 2 to 3 hours long by 9:20 and fast passes were gone for the day or the lines ups for the fast passes were 30 minutes long. The line up for Thunder Mountain went down the park past Bear Jamboree- 3 hours long. The line up for Buzz lite year- went around the Tomorrowland restaurant- a good 2 hours or more. You pay for Disney so that you can go on the rides- with these line ups you would perhaps get 2 or 3 rides in a day and a few little ones like the merry-go-round.
The park now has a student promotion during this time period, and does not seem to be limiting the amount of schools visiting. The park was "swarming' with young people. Although happy for their day off from school, they all are going on the big name rides, there is no mix of visitors- leading to long wait times. They have over sold the bus tours to bring their revenue up. This spoiled the day for everyone- I am not paying to stand in line all day to do 3 rides in a day. This is unreasonable. I am not a money machine for Disney and that's how I felt.
We are quite unlikely to return with our family to this Disney Park- a shame. But it is becoming impossible to find a medium crowd day anymore. Our money will be better spent at another Disney Park or a competitor.

Visited February 2013

• Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Our 3rd Disneyland, but we had to go and loved it!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We visited Japan in December 2012 and even though we had already gone to Anaheim and Euro Disneylands, we decided to visit Tokyo Disneyland too.
Wonderful experience, we ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT.
We did it in two days, as we already knew the rides we liked (from the other Disneylands). Contrary to other reviews, we didn't find it very crowded, although it was full with Japanese school students.
We spent 2 full days (morning to night) and although winter in Japan, the experience was fabulous. The people were extremely helpful and it was one of the cleanest Disneylands we visited, And of course, safety was paramount, We never felt unsafe, anywhere in Japan and especially Disneyland.
High recommended for anyone to visit, young or old!!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Oracle68
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited Tokyo Disney as a group which included myself, my husband, our 3 year old son, my sister in law, and her 8 year old son. The experience was great. It exceeded my expectations especially Disney Sea. Like the one in California, they have Disneyland and then California Adventures. Japan's Disney Sea is the equivalent of California Adventures. The place was great. I loved the different themes such as the Little Mermaid and Aladdin. Of course, the park was very clean. Loved the different kinds of popcorn flavors sold throughout the park and the different sorts of pastries. The park was also very friendly for families with strollers. Most of the rides were child friendly especially for 3 year olds. Overall the experience was great and I wouldn't mind going back again and again maybe when my son gets older. Only note is to make sure you've got spending money especially if you want to bring home souvenirs and do miscellaneous shopping at the park. The only disadvantage if needed be mention is that most of the shows were in Japanese (which is expected being in Japan) but the nice thing is they provided little monitor looking gadgets which provide English subtitles.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jill O
Newcastle, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place! My partner and I are both in our mid-twenties but enjoyed every bit of it. We went on a Thursday in February. It was cold but sunny.

We went on most of the attractions and our longest wait was 40 minutes for the Roger Rabbit ride in Toon Town. Most other rides only had a 15-20 minute wait and some, like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, had no wait at all! A very different experience to my first visit in September 2004 as it was incredibly busy and lines were absurd, 3hour wait time.

The park is so clean and there is music everywhere and creates a magical atmosphere. The rides were very impressive, especially the graphics and illusions incorporated into rides like The Haunted Mansion.

We stayed until the night time light parade at 6.30pm (we arrived at 11am and walked straight in...no line!) Food and souvenirs were not as pricey as I thought they might be. I had a wonderful time. There were a lot of young adult couples and groups of friends there too...so it is not an experience just for children and families. Highly recommended in winter if you don't mind the cold.

1 Thank Jaimie M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fast pass farce!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Disney was great if you love standing in line watching people with fast passes walk past you, and just when you think you are going to get in the queue attendant makes you wait a little longer in case there are any more fast passes.... So you can wait some more

2 Thank Porkchop19