“Worst.Bed.Ever.”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels / Ryokan in Urayasu
Geelong, Australia
“Worst.Bed.Ever.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had four days at Disney planned, and I wasn't going to pay the ridiculous Disney hotel rates when staying on my own. I read the few English reviews on Hilton, Sheraton and this hotel, and none of them were all that good. Almost every review of the Hilton and Sheraton (and there are a lot more English reviews for these two) said the rooms were tired. So I took a gamble and picked this hotel, mostly because it's right across the road from the monorail station.

The room was easily the biggest I had stayed in during my two weeks in Japan, but it too was a bit outdated. Lots of peach and beige. The bathroom is quite beautiful, and again, absolutely massive. Compared to some Japanese hotel bathrooms, where a misguided step out of the shower could see you standing in the toilet, it was easily three or four strides between the sink, bath, shower and toilet. The towels were lovely and fluffy. And that's about where the good stuff ends.

I had read reviews on the 'hard' bed and thought I could deal with it. These reviews were not accurate. The bed isn't hard, it's just of the lowest quality they could possibly find. To lay on, it's like having a box of springs, covered with a layer of thin fabric. The whole bed was completely devoid of padding. I was tempted to order about a dozen of their plush towels just so I had something comfortable to lay on. For such a fancy (and expensive) hotel, this is really unacceptable.

Speaking of expensive, the restaurant was ridiculously so. You would be much better off eating at the park...! And on the park, accessibility is very easy. This hotel really is right across the road from the monorail station. They run a bus between the station and the hotel, which seems extraordinary considering it takes all of five minutes to walk between the two. And there seems to be some discouragement from walking given the way the buses park across all the pathways leading to the road. And yes, the Sheraton and Hilton would both be walkable, add another 5-10 minutes (they are either side of the Hotel Okura).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Fiona M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Baby supplies provided very full, the rooms are large with bathroom
We can see the ocean view that it's very good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'have book this hotel via booking.com and it cost me around 165 € per night. The hotel services: indoor pool, outdoor pool, sauna, gym.... None of these are accessible when you are a hotel guest (apparently coming from a travel agency). So this is really a shame staying here for 1 week and not beeing able to enjoy the facilities. They wanted me to pay 35 euros for 30min of jogging! Unfortunately it's hot outside, so it's hard to go running outside. I also ordered a ceasar salad just for a lunch: 25 euros for only some pieces of salad and some chicken. I was starving and there was absolutely no cheese, nor croutons, really I wonder if the chef didn't forget something... The more nights I stay, the more hotel things disappear: pyjama, pillows... Why do they remove things. How told them I don't want 2 pillows in my rooms???
And they wake you up on Saturday at 9am....
Anyway, DO NOT go there if you are used to 4 or 5 stars hotel. It doesn't deserve it. People are kind and service is good but like anywhere else in Japan, no special things for this 4,5 stars hotel.

Room Tip: South wing building
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cuteamande
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed in this hotel before a day at Tokyo Disney Sea. Room was very spacious and had beautiful Shiseido amenities which was an excellent touch. Beautiful big bathroom and great bath. Be warned though, beds were very hard. Staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast was very yummy. Good priced hotel in the Disney resort area

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren O
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A nice classical feel hotel with the service that is second to none. The staff were always friendly and helpful, even if most of them aren't too fluent in English. The rooms were big and spacious, but the beds were a little too stiff for my liking.

For breakfast, there are 4 restaurants on the ground and 1st floor for you to choose from, but you can't beat Fontana. Great variety of Japanese food (think hamburg, karaage, ebi fry miso, curry, gohan, soba) to Western selections (omelette, french toast, bacon, ham) they have it all.

The locations is one of the hotel's selling point, being right outside the Bayside monorail station that can take you straight to the Disney parks. A shuttle bus runs frequently between the hotel and the station, but you can't walk there in about 5 minutes. It is the closest of the Tokyo Disney official hotels to the station.

Free wi-fi is available only in the lobby area, just get the 24-hour login details from the concierge desk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jooohnBonar
千葉県
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel is in Disney resort area and it was as expected, not so good, not so bad.
I went to Tokyo Disneyland and stayed at the hotel at night. I could check in my luggage near the entrance of Disneyland. The hotel staff carried my luggage to hotel.
I brought my computer to use internet but I could not use internet in my room. There was internet corner at 1st floor and I had to pay to use it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Harempercussion
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights last month. Usually don't stay at hotels when I'm in Japan but nobody we knew lives around TDR.

The hotel is great. My gf booked the room through a Japanese agency and got a fantastic rate. The first room we got smelled like smoke, both of us being non-smokers this really bothered us. I called the front desk and they immediately apologized and offered a new UPGRADED room. I didn't ask for that, they offered it. Got the new room. It was bigger than my apartment back in Minnesota LOL! Great view of the bay I could stand around watching the water traffic all day.

We didn't really spend that much time in the room as it was Disney Disney Disney. Got the driver of the MIckey Mouse shuttle to take a pic of us in front of it, great pic. lol (the bus takes you to the shuttle train station for a short ride to the parks)

The breakfast buffet was really good. Mostly western style. We didn't dine at any of the other restaurants but according to some other guests I talked to there they were very good. I was on a mission to find Chiba's best tonkatsu myself, so evenings were spent in search of that!!! (and found it oh yeah mmmm tonkatsu!)

I found this hotel to be great. Even if we had stayed in the original room it was fairly large. Bigger than any I've ever seen in Japan. They are clean, neat and comfortable. Service is as you would expect anywhere in Japan, five star. If there is a problem the management will bend over backwards to make sure you're happy. Employees are very polite and professional. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple