All reviewsmassage chairfoot massagerlavazza coffeeminute walkwalking distanceconvenience storetokyo disneylandthe busair qualityice machinefollow the signsshopping centrenear disneyaffordable hotelstayed here for three nightsshaving creamdecent size
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was attending a wedding at the Disney Ambassador Hotel. I wanted to be near the wedding venue, but didn't need/ want to spend large amounts for a Disney/ partner hotel. Having stayed at MyStays previously I wanted to stay again, as it is generally a reasonable price, and the rooms are good.
However...
I knew the wedding date 9 months in advance, but learnt that I could only book the hotel 6 months in advance. On the 6 months date I attempted booking (via the website) however they said for this hotel it was 3 months in advance. At 3 months I tried again, and initially it said rooms were already booked. I tried again, and all rooms were available. Minimum rate was 20,000yen for a twin room. (I expected and the website infers that the usual rate is half this. OK, I know the booking was for when Disney Christmas had recently begun, but I have since noticed that Saturday nights closer to xmas are cheaper rates).

The hotel itself is standard. Not too far a walk from the Disney Resort. Nothing around the hotel at all, Disney car parking across the road; convenience store 5min walk away.
The room was standard basic. Nothing special at all, and, for me, a let down. Considering the price I would have preferred to stay at the MyStays in Asakusa-bashi... the rooms there were much much nicer, and the price was much, much cheaper! It would have been worth the 35-45 mins train travel from Disney.
Again, considering the price, it turns out I could have stayed at a Disney partner hotel for only a little more cost!

Sadly the hotel was a let down after the beauty and excitement of the wedding. I have learnt in future to just pay that little extra for a partner hotel, or else stay back in Tokyo city.

FYI I had been mailing before I arrived, as my check in times changed and I had questions whether there were shuttles from the JR Maihama Station etc. The staff replied promptly in good english and were very helpful.
They also realised that while I wanted a non-smoking room I'd actually booked a smoking room, and they changed it for me without question. **That is an important note if you are booking through their website. They informed me that unless it states 'non-smoking' the rooms are 'smoking'!!

Room Tip: High floor, and try for room 01 (eg 701)... it is on the corner closest to Disney, and you could see more of the resort from your room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pineapplesensei
ms-maihama, Front Desk at Hotel Mystays Maihama, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectation.

We appreciate for writing us a comment.
We will strive to improve our room and customer service based on our guests' opinion.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and yet would like to stay in a decent clean hotel. The hotel serves good breakfast. Although it is not a wide spread, the variety is well sufficient for a decent breakfast. Not to mention, their variety of bread are freshly baked. If you plan to visit Disneyland and Disneysea, this hotel is situated at a prime location. It is at a midpoint between the two, though it is nearer to Disneysea (appr 7 mins walk). It also provides free morning shuttle bus services to Disneyland and one pick-up shuttle service in the evening at 9.30pm from Disneyland. The hotel staff can speak basic good English. The rooms are relatively clean and they even had a leg massager. The cons for this hotel are that the lighting along the hotel room corridors are rather dim. My 4 year old child was scared when we were walking along the corridor at night. The support pillow provided was also not very comfortable to sleep on. It is rather hard and for people who are not used to support pillow, it is very uncomfortable. Overall, I would still recommend this hotel to my friends who are on budget. I would even return to this hotel for my next stay. Hopefully, they will improve their lighting and maybe repaint their walls to make it brighter.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MaybelTang

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.

We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service.

Our breakfast is buffet style which serves several kinds of freshly baked bread, several kinds of warm dish (eg, egg, meat ball, fried potatoes, etc), salad bar, cereal, fruit juice, coffee, etc. The variety slightly differs everyday.

To Disney Sea, it only takes 7 to 8 mins walk and 20 mins to Disney Land from our hotel although shuttle bus service is available from 7:35 to 10:35 AM (7:35 is not available when the TDR opens at 9:00 or 10:00 AM). Pick up bus usually departs from Maihama station North Exist at 9:30 (10:20 is also available on Sat), but is subject to change depending on the closing time and the number of guests.

Thank you very much for your warm comment.
We look forward to having you as our guest again in near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We are a family of 5 from Singapore. We stayed in this hotel because of its excellent location. Every morning there are free rides ( interval of 30 mins) from the hotel to Disney Land and Disney Sea. In the evening at 9.30pm, they will provide free transport at Maihama station to get you back to the hotel. This is really a great saving since we are five people. There is no need to take the mono rail to get to/rom Disney Land. In fact, Disney Sea is a 15 mins walk from this hotel. The rooms are all very neat and looks very modern too ! For SG$200 per night, we had a family room that comes with two x queen size beds, one single bed and one electric massage chair. All five of us were able to sleep comfortably. Majority of the guest are Japanese. We did not meet many foreign tourist. The staff speaks little English but they are extremely helpful. There is a family mart about 5 mins walk from the hotel which was great. The hotel is also close by to Tsukiji Fish market, Ginza and Odaiba Island. We stayed in this hotel one extra night to visit these places before moving into Central Tokyo .

Room Tip: Rooms are all very well maintained and neat.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wanerbros
ms-maihama, Front Desk at Hotel Mystays Maihama, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Both Disney Sea and Disney Land are walking distance from our hotel (approx 7min to Disney Sea and 20min to Disney Land), but shuttle bus service is also available from 7:35 to 10:35 (the bus departing at 7:35 may not be available depending on the opening time of Disney Resort on each day). This shuttle bus also goes to Maihama station, so it might be useful when you are visiting some places in Tokyo. Returning bus service from Maihama station is limited but available. Please check the time schedule at front desk.

Currently (on March 21st, 2012), the closest convenient store is 10 mins walk from our hotel since the previous closest convenient store(5 min walk) went out of business in last month.

We look forward to having you as a guest again in near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

This hotel is walking distance to both TDL & TDS. The rooms are clean, good value and sufficient for our family of 6 (we took two rooms, triple sharing). The hotel provided Japanese nightgowns and amenities like toothbrushes, and internet via lan cables (you need to bring yr own laptop) was free - this was great for us. They do provide morning shuttles to JR Maihama station and Disneyland, useful for those not wanting to walk or leaving in the morning upon checkout. We will stay again if we visit TDL or TDS again. Staff speaks some English and was helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Vivi-mummy
ms-maihama, Front Desk at Hotel Mystays Maihama, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Mystays Maihama.
I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our room and service.

As you mentioned, there is free internet access for those who have brought their own laptop computers. For those who do not have their laptop computers, we do have laptop computers for rental (1000 yen per night. Please note that rental laptops are subject to availability).

We will be truly delighted to have you as our guests in near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

It's 5 mins (walk distance) away from the Tokyo Disneyland (TDL), so anyone who has a tight budget & want to stay somewhere near the TDL should consider to stay there. Most of the guests are locals, the twin room is very big, compared to other hotels I usually stay in Tokyo. they provide a foot massage machine in your room, it's very useful after a whole day TDL trip!
sure will stay there again if I go to TDL/TDS : )

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family