“No key, No security box, No English”

International Guesthouse AZURE Narita
International Guesthouse AZURE Narita
Hong Kong
“No key, No security box, No English”
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Fistly, I would say don't go there especially for women!! The website says that there are a lot of women customers, so I trusted the information and went there by myself. But actually there were all men when I went to there. The owner was absolutely damn. He isn't kind at all and he was sleeping on the bench at the common room in front of TV at 9:00 pm. I felt uncomfortable and even scared me. He showed me the room, and he said to me that there was no key. But I saw a hole for key on the door. There was also no phone for calling to reception desk in the room. It meant that the owner and other men of customers could come in the room for women anytime and I couldn't call for help!! Also there wasn't security box . Before the day I stayed at another hostel in Tokyo, and they provided all of these things. I have never been to such hostel. When I asked him about equipments in the room, he just pointed out a poster on the wall which represented for emergency measure and that was all. He couldn't speak English and always say one word with pointing out something. It scared me a lot in case I had some problems. I thought that I couldn't sleep at night and I wasn't sure about my safety at all, so I canceled this accomodation to stay one night after this communication with owner. Of course the money wasn't come back, but the safety is more important than money. It was my fault that I chose this hostel myself. I should have to pay extra money and stay hotel from the begining. That's why I am writting this comment on this site for that other victims of women will never appear.I want to say for women, Don't go there for your safety.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17 Thank 3321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Japan
Reviewed January 6, 2008

firstly , before i went i read good and bad. but i have to say , DO NOT GO HERE.The hostel in the rooms have damp and the owner is tight about heating.he woke me up , after a 22 hour journey, i wanted to puch him, he did this 3 times. i booked 3 weeks and keft after 4 days. i met a finnish traveller, he emailed me when he got back , he is now ill with maybe a chest infection due to damp. In the middle of the night , the owner, scared me, jumped out from the dark. the owner is weird and un helpful. It has a crap curfew, which means you can not enjoy a night out drinking in the local bars. I am now staying in hotel called comfort hotel near the aoki mens plaza. i have heat , bath , free breakfast and free internet access. ok hostels are cheap , but why spoil your holiday. pay the extra money. i am now writing to the japanese board of tourism, to get this guetshouse shut down. Be warned !!!!!

• Liked — its near a hotel , so i could escape
  • Disliked — the owner
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
18 Thank mcimpact501

Travelers are raving about these Narita hotels

UK
Reviewed February 1, 2006

I have traveled for a few weeks in Japan but I have never seen so stylish hostel like AZURE G.H. The owner was very nice and he took me to good local spots travellers don't know. When I come back to Japan, I deffinitly stay here AGAIN! I read former bad comments, I don't understand such a thing. This is for badget travelers hostel, NOT 5 stars HOTEL.
But I think AZURE is more than 5 stars for me !!!
I really really recommend this place !

• Stayed January 2006
7 Thank Lapish
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2006

I spent an unfortunate day and night in this guesthouse. This place is small, cold and damp. The owner is very unhelpful. The owner appears to be very unhappy, with little personality. Whatever you do and wherever you do go, please, do not go here, you will surely regret it, mark my words, you have been warned!!!

• Stayed January 2006