“great ramen not far from the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ramen Bayashi
Ranked #1 of 895 Restaurants in Narita
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Washington state
“great ramen not far from the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stopped by in the morning, and no one else was there. Each had a bowl of the shoyu ramen with pork, which was very good. However, the standout was the gyoza -- way tastier than what I'm used to in the US! The staff was very friendly. I'd definitely come back if I had another long layover.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Fuengirola, Spain
“Gooooood ;-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

This Noodle Bar is a very friendly place to eat and serves some very tasty dishes.It seems to be quite famous to visiting aircrew,tourists and locals.The recommended dish is the spicy Ramen and the Fried Rice is delicous too. So, just give them a try yourself... ^ ^

1 Thank Narathip
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best ramen I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The clientele was both local and touristy -- but more touristy than other places we visited during our short stay. The language barrier was not a problem (but pointing at the menu was necessary). I chose the shio ramen, and asked for chicken to be added. So. Delicious. The chili ramen was good as well. Prices weren't bad. About 2350 yen for two, a bowl of ramen each and one appetizer (gyoza).

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cerissa H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Ramen as it was meant to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I found myself in Narita proper because of the hotel I booked for the night before my flight back to the States. Not far from either train station (JR or Keisei), is Ramen Bayashi.

I was looking for a place to eat around mid-afternoon. Many of the restaurants were either closed or didn't look inviting for a foreigner. When I came across Ramen Bayashi, I knew it would be a good place for me to get a good meal. Plus, I had been in Japan for a week and still hadn't had ramen.

Upon entering, I was greeted by employees and patrons alike. It was a bit like walking into the bar from the old Cheers TV show. Upon sitting down, four older men (65ish+) started talking to me, asking me questions about myself and explained to me that they had just finished a half marathon.

It was very difficult to decide what to order because all of it looked and sounded wonderful. I ordered one ramen meal and one standard meal, plus their locally made sake. When they were put in front of me, I knew I'd never be able to finish one of them let alone both. However, I did my best and made a pretty good dent in them. Both were outstanding.

While this was my first trip to Japan, I doubt it'll be my last. You can bet I'll make the trip to Narita and have ramen. Definitely worth the detour.

• Visited November 2013
Lightwater Uk
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a regular stop for me in Narita, found about 5 minutes walk from the rail station on the right. Food is very reasonably priced, I had the gyozo, just superb, and comes with a bowl of piping hot miso soup. This place is very popular both with locals and visitors, so try and avoid the peak lunch time as it gets very busy.

Visited September 2013