“One GREAT hotel-much more than I've expected”
Review of Hotel Nikko Narita

Hotel Nikko Narita
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed June 13, 2012

There's an unsaid rule that hotels near airports, to compensate their not- easy- to- reach- the- city locations, usually have facilities to pamper their customers, frequently called "business facilities".
I must confess I was a little afraid of this 1970's hotel, because they're usually kind of decayed.
WHAT A SURPRISE!! Very easily accessed by a complimentary shuttle, this hotel showed its competence at the fast, attentive and polite check-in, with perfectly well trained staff.
The restaurants-Serena, Toh Le, Hokaki Sushi and the Sunset lounge offer a wonderful (although not so cheap) experience for dining, or breakfast. Clean, very well and carefully prepared food - in fact, this is the typical Japanese respect for food- those restaurants are indeed a great plus for this fine, well decorated and well kept hotel, with spacious common areas and complimentary wi fi on the room.
The room is incredibly well decorated, with ALL the facilities you might expect for a 4 star hotel, with an incredibly affordable price.
Very clean linen, soft pillows and an amazingly comfortable bed, the room has all amenities a traveler need- an iron, a trouser press, T.V.,toothbrush set and Japanese tea set, coffee set, shampoo & rinse, hair dryer, razor, shaving cream set,shower cap and comb, a vintage background music and a Japanese Yukata, besides the sewing kit, which was very useful, by the way.
The minibar and the brand new slippers, along with the HUGE TV set have made this hotel one very pleasant surprise, and a top mark for those who plan booking it. The value is low, compared to the amenities it has to offer.
In case your money isn't much, there is always a Lawson, at the main lobby, selling deliciously fresh bentos and nice onigiris to go.

Room Tip: Very quiet and calm rooms, even being at the foot of the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Schwartzkopf_Reiser
Write a ReviewReviews (2,871)

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We travelled via Japan to China flying JAL as we like the overnight break in a decent hotel like Nikko Narita , rather than a direct long day flight or a sleepless overnight flight, so breaking up the trip flying JAL is very attractive...it may cost more but staying at one of their hotels, with a refreshing break makes the trip to china less taxing.

The hotel is just a few minutes by shuttle bus, check in no problem and a room was ok.
No noise problems, service was fine as was breakfast and just a quick shuttle bus trip the next day back to the terminal and we were on our short flight to Beijing, arriving fresh and relaxed instead of travelling all day or night and taking a day to recover...Thanks Nikko Narita and JAL

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here as a stop over with JAL. Good thing about this hotel is that it has free Wi Fi in the rooms as many of the transit hotels in Nartia including branded hotels do not.
We had alacarte dinner up on the top floor, which was nice and the bar has great views of the planes flying in and out. Breakfast was also nice.
Overall a good stop over hotel and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I read the other reviews about this place on tripadvisor - and am mystified at the many positive reviews. I was shown to 4 different rooms after I complained about the first one that I was assigned. All were old, threadbare and gross. Yes, it is a transit hotel, but the rooms are u-g-l-y and in desperate need of renovation and some tlc. The restaurants are in the same sad shape, as well as the rooms I saw in the supposed "New Wing" where I was moved to. Maybe only the actual "paying" guests are given rooms from this century? And, the airline transit passengers are put up in the crappy, disgusting rooms. I was completely nauseated after showering and discovering my bath towel ( that I had just used) had a large brownish stain on one side with yellow colored other stains emanating outwards - horrifying. Dirty is completely unacceptable in any hotel stay. I have stayed at other Nikko hotels and never seen one so neglected as this place is. Shame, shame.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank S Y
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Well, you normally don't expect too much from a transit hotel, specially after a Indiana-Jones style adventure in a transit hotel in Beijing so this one was a pleasant surprise.
The bus transfer from the airport is quite easy and takes about 10 min. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, check-in was very quick. Our luggage was carried for us all the way to the room which I was very happy about, as I am normally the one who has to carry the missus kitchen sink...

The room was comfortable and clean with one of those toilets with buttons & dials which freaks me out every time as I am waiting for a count down of some sort if I push one of them... only the i-pod connectivity was missing, otherwise I would have given a more detailed review...
The floor and room was really quite without the usual door slamming and other noises so you get a good nights sleep.

We went straight to the top floor as there is a bar located for a couple of drinks to settle the day.From there you got a more or less nice view overlooking the city but its really nice to sit there. Even got the approval of the missus...
Our flight departed 11am, so we had enough time to test the breakfast buffet extensively. The buffet consisted of both asian and western food with a decent variety but we got stuck into the asian breakfast for the fun of it. Quite tasty and well prepared.
Check out again quick and easy and I must say I was well rested taking on the next leg of our flight.

Room Tip: Be extra friendly and chuck in a couple of jokes and you might get an upgrade to superior room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Healesvillebilly
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I got stuck in NRT airport and this hotel proved to be very convenient and clean. I got a single room ( without breakfast) for 6000 JP yen which was small but spotless. The bathrooms was retrofitted into the room so the bathroom walls are feel more temporary. The bathroom style is like those all one piece retrofit types with small tub/ shower. What I loved was the super hot endless water. The shower tap had great water pressure. The toiletries were superior with small hairbrush, Q tips, make up pads, toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel shampoo, and conditioner. The real bonus was the foaming Sheishido face wash! (loved that). The bedding was very nice with 2 firm feather pillows. There's a hot pot in the room with some tea. TV was in Japanese, even CNN. The free airport shuttle runs frequently- about every 20 mins or so. It only a 5 min trip. Check out is at 11am but the front desk let me stay until noon without extra charges due to my flight time. The free wifi was excellent- strong signal. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Tamara954
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed one night following a longhaul journey to Japan. It took about 10 minutes by free shuttle bus to the hotel from Terminal 2 and the bus was very easy to find. I'd booked the higher class "concept" rooms; they were OK, not as big or as posh as I'd imagined but clean, comfortable and well equipped. Checkin was fast and efficient, the usual hotel convenience store was well stocked with drinks and hot and cold food (none of us could face the restaurant after all those hours of travel), and the price we paid was not unreasonable for Japan. Bus took us back to the terminal next morning so we could exchange our JR pass vouchers and get the train. Not sure I'd want to stay longer than a night, but that's not the point of a hotel like this. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family