“Nice price, great stay”
Review of Hotel Nikko Narita

Hotel Nikko Narita
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is a very nice place. The check-in process was very smooth and checkout was even better.

Just remember that rooms in many hotels at this price range are very small in Japan. I was with a sister and niece and we stayed in the same room, but for us it was big enough. It was clean and neat.

They have a shuttle that take you from/to the airport and it always run on time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,921)

Reviewed April 18, 2011

A really good hotel, absolutely blown away by the customer service, from check in to check out I was very impressed.

Concierge were on me before I could walk through the door, check in was seamless, had a small issue with my room which was sorted in minutes of my request, good range of restaurants but arrived to late to try them, but there's a 24 hour convenience store on site that I used instead.

My room looked a little worn out and the decor is dated plus the walls were a tad thin so you could hear water rushing about, but that didn't affect my sleep whatsoever.

The courtesy shuttle bus is an added bonus, although if you're coming in from the airport there's only three picks ups an hour and they're quite spaced out - which also applies if you're off to the airport. Try and check first.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JustinPetersen
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Good value, clean and reasonably comfortable. Easy access to the airport with free shuttle bus (though I had to wait >40 minutes). Good soundproofing, so plane noise was ok.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2011

After missing our flights due to the earthquake (we were in Yamagata about 35 miles from the tsunami on Friday), we slept in a room without heat or electricity on Friday (separate review later - wonderful owners there), then spent 12.5 hours in a taxi to get to Narita. Our wonderful hosts were able to secure us each a room in Hotel NIkko Narita. The rooms were large, very large by Japan standards. The heat, lights, internet and potable water were much appreciated! The night felt like pure luxury.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2011

This hotel would be hard to improve. It has all the basics covered, and has a few nice touches as well. The place is clean, the staff are friendly, and it's got a charm to it (even if it's looking a little dated in parts). I think that whilst it's not a new hotel, it has had a new wing added recently (which is very nice, having stayed in it), and it's a popular and highly patronised hotel. The staff are serious about their service, and it really means something to them, which is typical of the Japanese service culture. I have stayed in this hotel as both a tourist and business traveller and both as a complimentary guest with JAL and as a private paying customer. I am fond of it and would recommend it, especially to travellers with no experience of Japan. These guys will look after you, and their pricing is modest. It's not a hotel where you're ever going to feel gouged. The restaurant is a la carte. It's not silver service, although it doesn't need to be. It does serve excellent food of a very discerning quality which surprises the diner given the setting. The steaks are especially worthy of mention, but then, Japan is, of course, renown for its beef. Having said that, the main restaurant does casual very well and provides for a simple meal as easily as fine dining. There are secondary restaurants on other floors catering to regional cuisines. This hotel is just about right for any traveller.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank straightliner
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Nikko Narita twice in the summer of 2010; the first time I stayed at a 17m² single room. I also booked two 34m² deluxe triple rooms (twin room with an extra bed) for my students. The second time I stayed at a 34m² deluxe triple room with my children.

The deluxe room was specious even with an extra bed. The single room was big enough for one person to stay comfortably. However I was given a room facing the street, so it was a little noisy in the early morning.

I got a very good rate for the triple room. I think there were a least a few hours that my booking website accidentally priced the 34m² deluxe room the same as the 26m² standard room. The extra 8m² was important for us because we added a 3rd bed in the room. Three beds in the standard room would be very packed.

The number one reason I chose this hotel was its on site convenience store (Lawson). Due to the budget and jet lag, we just bought some bentos from the store as our dinner and went to bed early.

The complimentary shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport was a great service.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good with lots of choices - both western and Japanese.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank pooh_bear_tx
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This is my second time staying here as a transit hotel, complimentary of Japan Airlines. I was given a better room in my previous stay. We are a party of four, so they gave us two connecting rooms, which I think is quite thoughtful of them. I did not get complimentary breakfast buffet coupons when I check-in (I was disappointed because I got them in my previous stay, and the breakfast buffet was wonderful!). The restaurants in the hotel are pricey. I tried Serena in my previous stay (around 3,500 Yen / person), the food is good. This time I tried the noodle house across from the hotel, it is virtually the only restaurant within walking distance from the hotel. The menu is all Japanese noodles, food is not bad and relatively inexpensive. The offered us a Chinese menu since they know we don't speak Japanese. Inside the hotel is a convenience store with wide variety of products. There is also a 7-11 within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends