“Good Place to Rest Up After a Long Flight”

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Los Angeles, California
“Good Place to Rest Up After a Long Flight”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It is a wonderful hotel to stay for one or two nights after a long flight, before traveling on to other destinations in Japan. It is very convenient and very comfortable. It's a short shuttle bus ride from Narita Airport. The staff is very accommodating. The rooms are clean.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on one of the upper floors in the back of the hotel for a terrific view of the wo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cuernavaca
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a perfectly acceptable option for those looking for a night's stay before a flight from Narita airport. Comfortable clean rooms, good sleep quality, all the usual amenities present. There is an hourly shuttle bus to the airport, and shuttle buses to a shopping mall for those with more time to kill during the day.

I do have a couple of gripes. Firstly, we arrived late and by the time we checked in, it was around 11.15pm. Tired after a long day, we asked about getting a drink. Nothing doing, all bars and restaurants shut. Only vending machines. OK, in other hotels the vending machine sell beer at least, but not here, only soft drinks. So that was a little frustrating.

Secondly, you have to pay for the internet, around 10 dollars for a days access - but their guests are a captive audience, so why not exploit them I suppose. But that's from 12pm to 12 pm. So if you want internet from 10am to 2pm, for example, that's a double charge. Nice touch. I will be fair and point out that WiFi access is free from the lobby only.

So apart from a couple of details, nothing really to report, but this is hardly a place provoke rhapsodies either, so three stars it is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bo_Duke
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Bo_Duke,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We are happy you enjoyed our comfortable rooms. However, I would like to apologize that our hotel staff and internet services fell below your expectations. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jakarta
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stay only for one night when I need to stopover in Tokyo while waiting for the next flight. The shuttle bus from Airport Terminal to Hotel and vice versa is very punctual. I left my sweater when I use the shuttle to go back to the Airport terminal to catch up Keisei Skyliner for Tokyo sightseeing. When I went back to the hotel, they kept my sweater and return it back to me.
The check-in and check-out is very fast, considering the booking is made and paid by ANA. The room is comfortable. However, the location is only suitable for person in transit between flight. Very far from the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Convenient from Narita via shuttle bus, downside is there is periods they only come to pick up once an hour so if you hit it wrong you could wait 1 hour as I did recently. Other option is take a taxi is going to be around the 2500 JPY or like me enjoy a subway sandwich at the T1 South.
The hotel is nice and clean like dated in parts but kept to high levels of quality. The internet is no Free, bug bear for us business travellers but as a Gold loyalty card holder I got it free. Breakfast is extra and I usually skip that deciding to use the convenience store in the lobby as not a big morning eater.
I usually use the hotel to stay night before an early morning flight and it meets my needs. The staff speak English very well as well as other languages. The staff are extremely friendly.
The shuttle bus from hotel to Airport is provided just get a timetable and find the best time to suit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I booked with points but I was upgraded to a very nice room as Platinum Priority Club member. We took the Narita express to the airport the night before our international flights. The shuttle from the airport leaves from outside the terminal in Narita and it took about 10 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport in the morning. We had a very nice dinner on the 17th floor in the bar/lounge area. The food was reasonably priced and the view of the planes landing at Narita was lovely. The room was pretty quiet although you could still hear and feel the planes landing, but it wasn't too bad. The room was very nice with a good amount of space and a large bathroom. It had funny amenities like an eye warmer and a guide on how to correctly take a bath (not too soon before bedtime).

My only complaint was a lack of wireless. For a hotel of that size for travelers, I expected wireless internet. I called the desk and they brought up a wireless router but they said they don't always have them. I'm glad I didn't have to sit in the lobby all night to use the computer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed one night at facility. Overall hotel is OK, but there is a zero tolerance for wearing bathing suit/trunks in hot tub and sauna. Japanese rule is to be fully naked for being in these facilities. I am from America where a choice is given for this. I was first verbally commanded by a few men in the area. Then one complained to attendant who asked me to remove shorts as it is Japanese rule to be naked. I can understand if I was at a full Japanese only hotel or spa that only naked is the rule. But being at a international hotel at the airport, this was really a bad experience for me. With many nationalities of people visiting it should be a choice. End of successful business trip and wanted to relax and settle before long trip home.

Couple of other points: check in was not to reservation as originally made. Bath floor filled with water after shower. Drain was slow. About a inch of water in floor after shower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Terry G,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to know that you found our location satisfactory for your needs. I am sorry about the issues you experienced at bathing facility. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best means of improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Narita hotels

Sydney
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

First time ever we are asked to pay to use the hotel swimming pool!
They are asking ¥1000 for a 18m pool… more than our olympic size pool back home. All hotels we stayed during our trip had at least a sento for free, even the 'business hotel' we went.

Rest is fine as per other comments. TV as 7 foreign channels.

• Stayed November 2012