“very nice hotel, very kind staff”

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Istanbul, Turkey
“very nice hotel, very kind staff”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I would like to thank Teruna Sato, Yoshi Shirozuka and Ide for being so kind and friendly. Thanks for your help and contribution to make my surprise real for my daddy. It is great that this hotel has such a professional staff. Thank you.
(Sevda Uykan)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Y.Yamakami, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
One behalf of the Hotel Management and also the names mentioned in your comment, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to respond to this site.
It was our great priviledge to be of help since this is our mission to satisfy the guest needs and wants. We are striving our best to go a step ahead to meet the needs of our guest.
Such a positive comments from our guest will surely move our staff to continue to provide the best service.

Looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

regards
Yamakami
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 27, 2012

It's and older building but public spaces look nice. As a Priority Club Platinum member I was upgraded to a twin room which seemed to be partly updated recently. However, it was small (how would the regular rooms be like?) and the bathroom was the absolute minimum. Oldfashioned style, very narrow, no separate shower, just an old bathtub with a curtain. The window in the room is not fitting tightly. You will hear the highway and moisture will collect around the window over night.
The breakfast room looks nice and modern but there are too few choices and the quality of the food ist not what you would expect from this hotel category. You have to decide in advance to book breakfast, otherwise it will cost more. Internet (through cable) will also cost extra.
There is a gym but it looks like a repair shop. At least the machines are ok. It is also hard to find (maybe they are ashamed of it?): Go to 2nd floor by elevator, turn to the right, leave the building to an outside platform, go down the steps to ground floor, the gym will be at the right.
They claim it will be just a 10 minutes bus ride from the terminal to the hotel. The reality is it takes almost 30 minutes from terminal 1 and there are just 2 rides per hour. It took me almost one hour to get there after arriving at the train station! (If you arrive by Narita Express train get out at Terminal 2 because it will be closer to the terminal and will save you time.)
At checkout they were not able to print my company address on the receipt although they had it on file.
Bottom line: Low value for the money. Next time I'll look for alternatives.

1 Thank Carlos C
Y.Yamakami, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Yamakami
new jersey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had an early flight out of Narita so needed to stay near airport. We needed to do this twice on our trip to Asia. Part of this hotel has been renovated so the interior condition was better than the part not renovated. The place has a convenient store (Lawson's) near lobby. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in hotel because seemed pricey. An option is to take shuttle bus to airport and eat there. However, you have to be aware of bus schedule because if you miss the bus you might have to wait 25 minutes for the next one. The shuttle bus to hotel is about ten minutes.

Room Tip: The rooms on left side of the hotel are newer.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank going_there_now
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business.
We are now under the consideration of increasing the frequency of free shuttle bus to down town Narita, so that they are much more convenient for the guest.
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel at Tokyo Narita Airport is a good stop to rest after a long trip. The hotel is basic, but rooms are comfortable.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to Narita Airport.
I booked the hotel at the hotel counter at Narita Airport arrival, and was not told in doing so, I would not receive reward points or status points for staying with the Interconti group. I had selected the hotel because of the point affiliation and paid slightly more compared to other hotels offered.
This type of practice is common everywhere, but misleading and in my opinion borders on fraud.

I was pleased with my overall one night stay.

Room Tip: My room was on a lower floor. I have nothing to compare it with - everything was very much average.
2 Thank eTurboNews
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business and we will strive to provide a better service in your next visit.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Thailand
Reviewed April 17, 2012

A last night in Tokyo before flying back to Europe and the Crown Plaza was a perfect place to stay. Easy to find shuttle from both terminals, comfy rooms with all amenities - including of course the heated toilet seat the Japanese seem to love - and a good and reasonably priced buffet in the coffe shop. Reasonable prices and feiendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael W
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A good transit hotel. Location and the service is also good, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AlbertSiauw

Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here over a year ago on transit and thought I'd give it another go. What a regretful decision and a waste of my priority club points!
As a platinum elite member, I was given a welcome letter and a hand written welcome card in our room from the manager (which was much appreciated - thank you) However, I was not impressed from the time I checked in. The check in clerk started off friendly and then turned cold and unfriendly after about 5 seconds. He asked me if I wanted a smoking room and I said No, I have booked a non smoking room. (Oddly enough I was asked this same question the last time I stayed here)
When we went up to our room, the room smelt like someone had been smoking in there previously, it was obviously a smoking room! however, the personal hand written welcome card was already on the table in my room, which meant that they knew my booking was for a non smoking room ?? (this also happened at my last stay where I changed rooms twice and the room still smelt like smoke) Anyway, I think I have uncovered the mystery behind what is a smoking and a non smoking room at this hotel.. and that is if you wanted a smoking room, they would just send you up an ash tray. And a non smoking room, they take away the ash tray. This is the only explaination to why the non smoking room always smells of second hand smoke.
This hotel really has not done anything to improve itself since my last stay over a year ago, it really needs to learn from it's neighbouring hotels. The only nice thing about this hotel was the nice friendly lady in the hotel's little gift shop. (reception staff should learn customer service from this lady)
The tv in our room wasn't working, I couldn't be bothered to call downstairs because I couldn't be bothered to speak to the unfriendly staff at the front desk, However as courtesy and for the sake of the next guests staying in that room, I did mention it to the gentleman upon check out and he gave a smirk and said 'sorry' (I think he already knew that the tv wasn't working in the room!)
Other things to note, the hotel does not have wireless and charges for internet (but you get internet free if you buy breakfast for 2). Breakfast spread was nice.
The shuttle bus to the Aeon and train is not frequent like the other neighbouring hotels. We paid Y2000 taxi to comeback to the hotel from Aeon Mall.
Also, we tried the Grace Spa and the service was excellent. (you don't need to be a hotel guest to book the spa)

Anyway, lesson learnt!.. waste of 25000 Priority club points, luggage and clothes now smell of second hand smoke, and overall a big dissapointment. Given this was my second stay, I don't think I will stay here again. Plenty of other nice hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Beware, there is no such thing as a non smoking room at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stugs123
IHGCare, ihgcare at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear stugs123,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Narita hotels