“Good for one night stay”

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
new jersey
“Good for one night stay”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had an early flight out of Narita so needed to stay near airport. We needed to do this twice on our trip to Asia. Part of this hotel has been renovated so the interior condition was better than the part not renovated. The place has a convenient store (Lawson's) near lobby. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in hotel because seemed pricey. An option is to take shuttle bus to airport and eat there. However, you have to be aware of bus schedule because if you miss the bus you might have to wait 25 minutes for the next one. The shuttle bus to hotel is about ten minutes.

Room Tip: The rooms on left side of the hotel are newer.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank going_there_now
Y.Yamakami, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business.
We are now under the consideration of increasing the frequency of free shuttle bus to down town Narita, so that they are much more convenient for the guest.
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel at Tokyo Narita Airport is a good stop to rest after a long trip. The hotel is basic, but rooms are comfortable.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to Narita Airport.
I booked the hotel at the hotel counter at Narita Airport arrival, and was not told in doing so, I would not receive reward points or status points for staying with the Interconti group. I had selected the hotel because of the point affiliation and paid slightly more compared to other hotels offered.
This type of practice is common everywhere, but misleading and in my opinion borders on fraud.

I was pleased with my overall one night stay.

Room Tip: My room was on a lower floor. I have nothing to compare it with - everything was very much average.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank eTurboNews
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business and we will strive to provide a better service in your next visit.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Thailand
Reviewed April 17, 2012

A last night in Tokyo before flying back to Europe and the Crown Plaza was a perfect place to stay. Easy to find shuttle from both terminals, comfy rooms with all amenities - including of course the heated toilet seat the Japanese seem to love - and a good and reasonably priced buffet in the coffe shop. Reasonable prices and feiendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael W
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A good transit hotel. Location and the service is also good, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AlbertSiauw

Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed here over a year ago on transit and thought I'd give it another go. What a regretful decision and a waste of my priority club points!
As a platinum elite member, I was given a welcome letter and a hand written welcome card in our room from the manager (which was much appreciated - thank you) However, I was not impressed from the time I checked in. The check in clerk started off friendly and then turned cold and unfriendly after about 5 seconds. He asked me if I wanted a smoking room and I said No, I have booked a non smoking room. (Oddly enough I was asked this same question the last time I stayed here)
When we went up to our room, the room smelt like someone had been smoking in there previously, it was obviously a smoking room! however, the personal hand written welcome card was already on the table in my room, which meant that they knew my booking was for a non smoking room ?? (this also happened at my last stay where I changed rooms twice and the room still smelt like smoke) Anyway, I think I have uncovered the mystery behind what is a smoking and a non smoking room at this hotel.. and that is if you wanted a smoking room, they would just send you up an ash tray. And a non smoking room, they take away the ash tray. This is the only explaination to why the non smoking room always smells of second hand smoke.
This hotel really has not done anything to improve itself since my last stay over a year ago, it really needs to learn from it's neighbouring hotels. The only nice thing about this hotel was the nice friendly lady in the hotel's little gift shop. (reception staff should learn customer service from this lady)
The tv in our room wasn't working, I couldn't be bothered to call downstairs because I couldn't be bothered to speak to the unfriendly staff at the front desk, However as courtesy and for the sake of the next guests staying in that room, I did mention it to the gentleman upon check out and he gave a smirk and said 'sorry' (I think he already knew that the tv wasn't working in the room!)
Other things to note, the hotel does not have wireless and charges for internet (but you get internet free if you buy breakfast for 2). Breakfast spread was nice.
The shuttle bus to the Aeon and train is not frequent like the other neighbouring hotels. We paid Y2000 taxi to comeback to the hotel from Aeon Mall.
Also, we tried the Grace Spa and the service was excellent. (you don't need to be a hotel guest to book the spa)

Anyway, lesson learnt!.. waste of 25000 Priority club points, luggage and clothes now smell of second hand smoke, and overall a big dissapointment. Given this was my second stay, I don't think I will stay here again. Plenty of other nice hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Beware, there is no such thing as a non smoking room at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stugs123
IHGCare, ihgcare at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear stugs123,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Narita hotels

Nashville, TN USA
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Normally I am quite pleased with this hotel as a great balance between price and comfort. This time I found the stay to be really quite average. Nothing was particularly terrible, but I did not see much that made my stay exceptional either.
Check in was ok- I was not acknowledged as a Priority Club member, but the reception person mentioned I had a nicer room. I did not feel it was nicer, so what was the other room?
I found the bathroom to be close to being dated.
Internet was charged, which always bothers me.
Air conditioning in room was have to get to acceptable temperature range.
Breakfast buffet was disappointing for USD $30. I arrived 20 minutes before closing and found they were out of all juices, milk etc and few choices on the buffet remained. On the second morning I ate early but they had 1 or 2 busloads of people and they ran out of many items.
Check out was professional, but I felt very much like a number rather than a person which I have seen before at this hotel.
The best part of this hotel is the shuttle bus and the bell staff who run the shuttles very very well to load and unload people.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pine129
Y.Yamakami, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Narita, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff here at ANA Crowne Plaza we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Yamakami
or
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Ceilings are low in the rooms which feels weird, Bathrooms were nice, TV hard to use, fast internet, Tonkatsu at the restaurant was great. Allowed check in very early like noonish, which is nice, and more common in Asian regions.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

On behalf of our entire staff here at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Yours Sincerely