All reviews train station japanese town free shuttle family mart keisei line shinshoji temple aeon shopping mall restaurants and bars easy access ramen convenience store booked this hotel convenient location airline crew one night stay japanese hotels bit dated
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of five (3 teenagers) in 3 rooms - 2 doubles & 1 single. We booked it as a Mercure but its now Welco.

The reception was efficient & courteous & booked us into the annex - then it all went wrong.

My wife fell flat on her face as she discovered our room was split level with a weird 45degree ramp just inside the door. The floor was all brown carpet - no warnings. The light switches are beyond the ramp.

I checked in on the kids room & discovered lots of 20yr japanese guys sitting in the hall, smoking & talking on phones. Discovered this was largely down to the a/c not working properly (it was 30c outside) & the hall being better ventilated.

Decided it wasn’t a safe environment for my 18 yr old daughter so she bunked in our room. The room was shabby, smelt of smoke, wasn’t clean & was damp (a/c not working).

The hotel has several restaurants (mix of western & japanese). Breakfast was OK - not great. Plenty of restaurants around the area.

The hotel has a free shuttle bus to narita airport (20 mins) & two nearby train stations JR & Sensei - 9mins / one stop to Narita (¥260).

You would only stay here because you had to because its cheap & close to the airport. For us it was a disappointing end to a great holiday & we couldn’t get out of it fast enough.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2018

We traveled to Narita from Dubai thinking we will reach Kyoto the same day and had booked the hotel in Kyoto. Our flight arrived in Narita at 17:45 and by the time we reached the JR pass counter, the lady advised us that we cannot reach Kyoto the same day since the last Shinkansen train from Tokyo JR would have already left by the time we reach Tokyo from Narita and so I booked this hotel using my mobile for a very low rate. For that money, it was of great value. We went outside the terminal to bust stop number 30 or 32, I can't remember but all hotel coach bust stops are there in this area and the time table of buses are displayed on each bust stop. We took this free shuttle coach to go to the hotel. The room is small and compact but clean. we were there for just one night's sleep so it was great. There are restaurants just outside this property but remember most of them closes at 21:00hrs. The next day morning we walked to the JR station which is just opposite to this property, 5 minutes walk, with my wife, 6 year old son, 2 x large trolley suitcases, 1 x back pack and 1 x trolley hand carry. It was so easy. We then took the JR to Tokyo followed by Kyoto. I do not remember if I used the wifi in this hotel. In general I wasn't happy with the wifi services in Japan. It is in general, painfully slow almost everywhere. The staff here was very polite and speaks fluent English. For the price we paid, it was great value for our money!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Conflicting views on this property . I'm struggling to give it a very good review based on my stay , yet the property is actually quite good for the price so I guess it depends on prersonal experience , so here is mine Arriving at Tokyo Narita airport we waited for the free shuttle to Mecure Narita and meeting another lovely couple from Australia staying there aswell . As we all went to check in at the exact same time I over heard the manager race over to gush over the couple we had arrived with as they were Platinum Accor members and were told they would receive an upgrade to a suite . We were only Gold Accor plus and were told nothing ,not that I expected anything but in fact they were very abrupt to say the least . We travel a lot so I am not imagining this as usually we notice very friendly service in Asia and the rest of our Japan holiday was much more friendlier than Mecure Narita . The hotel is fine although a little ageing but some friendliness would go along way , Regardless of whether Platinum , Gold or any membership whatsoever , I think they could be a lot more accommodating . We also stayed in non Accor property's that were so much more friendly that there was no comparison

Room tip: High floor looking over railway is good
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Helpful and courteous staff. Let us use room from early in day after overnight flight. Free shuttle bus available to and from airport terminals about 1-2 hourly intervals. Good restaurants around Narita. Felt very safe around Narita and Tokyo generally. Room was OK but really needed some fresh air and fresh paint.

Room tip: We felt the room, maybe the hotel generally, needed a
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with statravel.com
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

As an Accor member I thought there were some standards with there hotels.

This hotel is what I call dirty flash falling far short of the mark.

We were disappointed the beds and room were dirty and smelly.

The only positive, Hotel was 10 minutes from the airport and staff were friendly.

As a foreigner to Japan I felt ripped off.

Date of stay: June 2018