“Really good sushi in little Narita-shi”
Review of Edokkozushi

Edokkozushi
Ranked #13 of 895 Restaurants in Narita
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Funny how life is. Back in Mar 12, 2011 after the big earthquake, 6 hrs jumping trains from Tokyo to narita, we stumbled into this restaurant, fatigued and by chance had a wonderful meal before escaping out of Japan. We remembered it as one of our best sushi experiences. No tripadvisor, no sleep, just hungry and walked into first sushi place we saw.

Fast forward Feb 5, 2014, overnight transit in narita. Used trip advisor, decided to try Edokkozushi, highest ranked sushi place (didn't feel like walking to the eel place), walked up and realized we had been here before... This was the place! Love it!

Fish is absolutely Devine. There is a westerner picture menu with 4 sushi combo's and a la carte sushi. Three is a bigger menu which we didn't understand, unfortunately.

Toro, uni are both best I have eaten. Eel (anago) was good but not like the Unagi in traditional narita style with long fish and little rice. Even Natto maki was really good, due to fresh natto.

I am not a fan of material sashimi, but here, I loved it.
No need to mention the usual stuff like salmon, snapper, etc. all superb.

This is a sushi place, if it's your first time in japan or having sushi, consider yourself blessed, but if sushi is not your cup of tea, don't write a bad review because you don't like raw fish. Because this place is awesome.

Very little English spoken, no tipping needed. Accepts all cards including Amex, visa/mc.

There is sushi bar, tables and traditional private rooms.

Let see, kappa maki2, natto maki, sushi- toro2, uni2, flying fish roe, grilled salmon2, anago2, scallop2, sashimi plate with 4 items, salmon2. Tea, water and a big bottle Asahi. Jpy 11,182. Not cheap, but soo worth it. 2 and a half of us.

Thank you TA for guiding me back to this place...

1  Thank pvcnco
There are newer reviews for Edokkozushi

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I ve been to Japan many times and always eat sushi in the difference places.But this is the best sushi I have ever eat.You can choose the set menu or ordering by the bite.I ordered by the bite.Pick up only the one I like.I got a few of rice with the big piece of fishes.If you have a chance to come to Narita Temple ,Pls visit this restaurant .You will get the good quality of food with reasonable price.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm certainly not an expert on the subject but this is the best sushi I've had anywhere.
I was reminded tonight how much I like this place.

Last night and the night before I had sushi at two kaiten sushi places in Shinjuku (one was okay, the other notably good!), and this morning I had a sushi "breakfast" just outside of Tsukiji market in Tokyo.

Well, I made my way out to Narita and had dinner at Edokko Zushi this evening – not an hour and a half ago.

I was reminded by that dinner that this is my most favorite sushi restaurant... of all that I've had the pleasure to experience. That takes into consideration all those that I've visited in the United States, Osaka and Tokyo.

I've been there five times now and I love it for the freshness of the fish, the size of the portions and the friendliness of the owner and chefs.

If you happen to be on a layover in Narita and you love sushi, well do yourself a favor and take the circle bus and a short, pleasant walk to Edokko Zushi, on Omotesando. My feeling is that it rivals what you'd find in Tokyo even.

1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I dropped in here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It 100% lived up to its reputation. Excellent sushi and service. The nigiri pieces were very generous. If you are walking down the main strip in Narita from the train station toward the temple, it is on the right-hand side just after the flower shop. 5-8 minutes walk (max) from the McDonalds intersection. If you get to the JetLag you've gone too far (but should stop in since it a great stop...especially if you like Belgian beer.)

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stopped in to buy omiyage from Kawamura kimono and yukata down the road. Asked him for a good recommendation for sush in the neighborhood and he recommened Edokko.

Sushi very fresh and very geneous cuts I have never seen before, where the fish is around 8 inches long and overwhelms the small rice underneath. Soup and dessert were so-so. I order the special, rather than separate sushi. I think it was around 2300 yen.

I would recommend it, compared to some of its pricier and newer neighbors.