“Excellent, but a little pricey !”
Review of Edokkozushi

Edokkozushi
Ranked #13 of 894 Restaurants in Narita
Cuisines: Sushi
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent, but a little pricey !”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We found this place last week during a short trip to Tokyo. We were staying at the Mercure Hotel in Narita, and Edokkozushi is along the main street you will take towards the Temple - No English sign on this restaurant, but it's directly across from the flower store and it'll be on your right hand side as you are walking downhill.

They had an English menu for us and did accept our Visa Credit Card. Also, we were there for lunch. They opened at 11:30am - we arrived at noon, and there were already a number of patrons at the counter. They offer either table service or counter service. The locals appeared to prefer the counter to chat with the sushi chefs- but we were seated at a table.

On to the sushi. We ordered some fairly safe items - s/o had salmon nigiri and cucumber rolls. I went with tuna, raw shrimp, and something like a skate fish sushis. The individual pieces of fish were so large that each could easily be split into 8 pieces of sushi by North American standards (imagine a strip of tuna 1" wide by 4" long by 1/4" deep - that's what you get with a single piece). The amount of rice was really small in comparison to the fish - so you may not leave feeling that carb overload. And talk about FRESH.. The freshest sushi I have ever tasted. I even risked raw shrimp, and clearly this was not the Thai farmed variety.

One thing that challenged my s/o was that the miso soup (delicious), they don't bother to extract the fish bones used to make the stock. My bowl of miso soup contained not just bones, but actual fish fins. I was also searching for those Tofu squares in the soup, but couldn't find any. That was disappointing but perhaps it's not a miso soup standard. It was still yummy.

Lunch total was approx $70 USD/CAD. Anyway, I recommend !

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank valyyz

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

For once, my big mouth came in handy. The fish pieces are seriously enormous. If the sushi chef weren't watching me eat, I'd totally split each magnificent piece into three bites.

The sushi is well-prepared, fresh, and fantastic. It is on par with Sasabune in Honolulu. I don't know what else to say- it's great!

I went to the location outside of the train station, over the orange bridge. I think it's the third door on the right. Dai speaks good English and is knowledgable and friendly. Order the Matsu platter and get a sidecar of salmon.

PS- They are open for lunch until 2:30 and then open back up for dinner around 5. They DO take credit cards, including AmEx.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Peter96353
BOISE
“Fantastic Sushi”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The fish portions are very large and the rice is very small. Most impressive Sushi the guys have ever had.

• Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The best!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

As a British Airways pilots I have lived in Japan and regularly go there for martial arts training. I have been to Japan over 350 times and always stay in Narita even on vacations as it is such a wonderful little town. I ALWAYS eat at both of the Edokko Sushi restaurants in Narita. Everything is high quality with good sized portions and a sensible, reasonable price. All my family and friends are Japanese so I know Japan very well since 1973. Edokko is friendly and some of the portions are big so you can eat very well there. Another review on this site suggests there is no English language menu but I know that there is. I have been eating hear since I found it when it first opened many years ago and when I get hungry, this is where I want to eat. My photo shows the owner and two of his staff - they are great. I have taken many well-travelled friends and crews to eat here and all have said the same thing ... 'GREAT'.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Michael J
Frankfurt, Germany
“A bit overpriced for the quality”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I didn't really like this place. I went there on a busy night and I struggled a long time trying to understand the menu in Japanese before somebody came to take my order. I ordered a la carte sushi but I wasn't very happy with what I got. First it took a long time before they brought it to me and then, some of the sushi weren't completely defrozen. Of course, I didn't eat those. i was disappointed because I was expected something better that 100 yen sushi. And, at the end, I realized that the taxes weren't included in the price so it ended up being more expensive that I thought and a bit pricey.

1 Thank frenata