Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
$45
derbydemayo

Well appointed, clean, and comfortable hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 9, 2016via mobile
Richmond hotel was very clean and perfectly located for sightseeing in Narita. They had a nice Japanese buffet breakfast and airport shuttle. The greatest thing was all the fun bathroom extras they provided. Mini hairbrush, toothpaste and toothbrush, loofa towel, and many more little products!
Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
$106
  • Algotels
3.7 miles from Richmond Hotel Narita
View more hotels in Narita
1,515 results
All reviews train station street level few minutes walk double bed convenience store flight home small room the hotel offers japan shuttle exit luggage shrine departure aeon
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016

I stayed here only 1 night only. The bed wasn't too comfortable, it was very hard. The room had all the nessesities but was small, it was hard to have my suitcase have laying open. There are no complimentary bottles of water but it says that tap water is ok to drink or you can walk across the street and buy a bottle. I didn't like that there is a large gap when the free shuttle can pick you up from the airport or drive you to the airport. And you can't stay even 5 extra min past the check out time at 11 as they will start calling you and remind to check out. It looked like there were many restaurants around but I haven't tried any.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Julia-Hawkins
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated near the JR and Keisei railstations. The shuttle service to and from the airport is very convenient and works well. The hotel is basic but has all it needs. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom rather small but clean. The room was a bit small as well. Breakfast is NOT included but can be had in the restaurant at groundlevel for 1200 yen. Breakfast is of good quality and also caters to occidental tongues

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Willem K
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Ignore the one bad review for this hotel. This is a great option if you are flying out of Narita airport. Hotel is modern, clean. Front desk staff were excellent. Room was spacious and beds were very comfortable.

There is a free airport shuttle that runs in the morning and late afternoon. Hotel is short walking distance to several excellent restaurants. There is a Lawsons convenience store across the road. The hotel breakfast buffet was good and included Japanese and Western items.

Room rate was very good value. Recommended!

1  Thank James M
Reviewed August 18, 2016

I took my 12 year old and stayed here 4 nights. The hotel is 15 minutes away from NRT international airport with free shuttle services from both terminal 1 and 2. There is a shuttle service break from around noon to 4pm. So you can either take a taxi (very expensive) or the train from the terminals ( It's only 1 stop from terminal 2, and 2 stops from terminal 1 ). The room l booked from Expedia was very small but very clean and functional. It even had a refrigerator, water hot pot, and free wifi. We tried the breakfast at the hotel. It was adequate, inexpensive and children's price was 50% off. I had a very nice booking experience with Expedia. Easy, troubleless and no complaints.
I loved the location because it was so convenient to get to the train station and also the town center. You can take a nice walk from the town center to get to the popular and serene Narita park and temple. Lots of little restaurants and convenient stores around.
Narita is a nice and international town as many people around the world can be found here. There is a huge mall called the Aeon Mall 5-10 minutes away by taking a shuttle bus in the town center, in front of the train station.
We also took the train to Tokyo to see the Tokyo Tower, the Ginza area and Ueno Park. Children ride at half the fare.
I love taking any type of train in Japan because it so safe, fun, adventurous, and interesting. It could be a little confusing when trying to figure out what train to take or where to transfer as the train system is so massive and complex. The locals were helpful when asked even though they spoke little Engilsh.

Room tip: Need to pay more to get larger rooms. Otherwise very small rooms like cruise ship cabins.
1  Thank L J
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I booked a room on Expedia for 2 Adults and 1 child (12 years old). The Expedia website said that there is a free shuttle available from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at the Shuttle bus stop at 2PM, the free shuttle sign for the hotel displayed that the next shuttle would arrive at 4:45 PM. We had no choice but to take a taxi that cost 3000 yen (about $30). We arrived at the hotel around 2:30 PM. I asked the front desk clerk if the room he was assigning us would sleep the 3 of us and he said: not really and he asked me if I wanted to upgrade? I commented that I have booked the room for 3 and I should be given a room that is suitable for 3 people. At this point my wife said show us the room. The clerk took the key card and we followed him to the room. Shockingly the bed was not even good for two normal size humans (maybe, it was ok for two zero sized Japanese girls). We came down to the lobby and I requested the clerk to upgrade the room and he insisted that the only way he would upgrade, if I pay extra. I asked for the manager, and mumbled something in Japanese to the clerk next to him and she took over. I asked her if she was the manager? and she commented that the manager was not available. She repeated the same sentences as the male clerk. At this point I gave up and walked out of the hotel telling them to cancel it.

We came out and I started searching Expedia and Make my Trip apps on my cell phone for another hotel but could not find a hotel that was close by and within our budget. There was a comfort Inn close by that was full and another hotel across from the Richmond that had all the No smoking rooms sold out.

Finally, I checked the Agoda app and found ANA Crown Plaza for almost double the price I was paying at the Richmond, booked it immediately, took a taxi that cost another 2300 Yen (about $23).

Came back to USA and called Expedia.in and explained my horrible experience with the Richmond hotel, the agent was very nice, he took my info and within an hour, I received the confirmation email for the refund.

Travelers! If you are travelling to Japan, DO NOT BOOK RICHMOND HOTEL NARITA.

4  Thank monys283