“Perfect for overnight stay!”

Richmond Hotel Narita
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
“Perfect for overnight stay!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I would recommend the Richmond Hotel Narita highly. I stayed in a single room over night for my layover. It was spacious, there were comfortable pajamas provided, I could draw a bath, the check-in/out process couldn't be easier. If it weren't in Narita and I were not transiting, I would stay for more nights! I arrived at Narita around 11:30pm. Unfortunately, the train/subway was already off-duty. I had to take a cab which cost $30 USD for a 15 minute cab ride. The next morning, I took the free hotel shuttlebus, which made up for it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank J_Maple_NYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Close to Narita station and the lovely town of Narita. the free hotel shuttle bus runs hourly from the airport. it is only 15 mins by train from airport to Narita if you miss the shuttle. you can check in early for 1000 yen per hour, after 11am. great if you arrive in the morning after a long flight and cannot wait until 2 pm. very comfy bed. breakfast disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Richmond Narita when we arrived in Japan and then, a week later, 1 night before our flight home.

We found all the hotel staff charming and had no language problem with straightforward check-in procedures. You can check in up to 3 hours before check-in time, providing a room is ready, for a supplement of 1,000 Yen per hour. Well worth it after an overnight flight!

Our room, a Comfort Double, was light and spacious; the bathroom was quite compact. For our first stay we were on the 3rd floor and for our next stay the 2nd floor. Although the rooms had no view to enjoy, they were both extremely quiet. Each room had a 32" wall-mounted TV, a fridge, kettle, charging cables for iphones and other mobile devices, and free wi-fi that worked perfectly. All the equipment in the room had explanations and labels in English. There was little or no enclosed storage space but there was hanging space and a generously-sized desk / work surface running the width of the room. Soap, shampoo, and conditioner were provided in large dispenser bottles. So much was provided: tissues, combs, slippers, razors, toothbrushes, unisex button-through night-shirts that it would hardly have mattered if your suitcase hadn't appeared on the baggage belt! Vending machines on the 5th floor offered Japanese beers and soft drinks (the Peach Nectar was very refreshing!) There were laundry machines on two floors.

Breakfast was set out in a cramped corner of the restaurant / lounge bar. There was a good selection of Japanese and Western items, we focussed on the Japanese vegetables, miso soup, fish, and pickles.

We chose the Richmond, rather than an airport hotel, as we wanted to be able to explore the local area whenever it suited us. The Reception staff will provide a town map.

The hotel's airport shuttle bus ran strictly to time and we'd strongly recommend you to wait for the shuttle if you're transferring to the hotel with baggage.

The Richmond is very close to the Keisei rail station. There are regular trains to the airport Terminals. If the hotel shuttle's timetable doesn't fit in with your flight out of Narita, then it's easy to get to the airport by train - just wheel your case across the road and onto four consecutive up escalators to the station and platform level. The platform for the airport trains is, conveniently, the one adjacent to the entry barriers. BUT you can't do this journey in reverse, carrying luggage, because there are no down escalators to get you to the Richmond level, only stairs. There's no public lift. This despite the fact that there are three large hotels on the lower level, one of which has no airport shuttle, plus quite a number of local bus stops. (The best thing to do if you should arrive from the airport by train is to leave by the main station exit, turn right, walk down to the junction at the bottom and turn right again.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Voyager190
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located within short walking distance from both the JR and Keisei Narita train stations, which are about 5-10 minutes train ride from Narita airport stations. The service was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and although small compared to western hotel rooms, was more spacious than many other Japanese hotels I have stayed at. I didn't use the restaurant. I used the train instead of the hotel shuttle service because of more options and less time to reach the airport, but the shuttle service was offered when I checked in. Other hotels in the area are similarly priced, but for an airport hotel, the rate was extremely affordable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Good little hotel near the train.
Here on business and very comfortable hotel.

Clean, efficient and close to several great restaurants and small convenience store for the usual items when travelling.

Limited breakfast options for western guests, but if you like congee, all the choices are there...!

Will stay again on my next visit, keep up the good work...!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Albuquerque NM
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed two nights when I arrived at Narita before getting into Tokyo. I found it easy for me to stay at Narita in the first night after a long 13-hour-flight from DFW and I extended the stay for another night because I wanted to visit the National History and Cultural Museum in a near-by town of Sakura. By the way it is a very comprehensive wonderful museum.
The hotel has a shuttle bus service from the airport but is limited to certain hours of a day. I sent my suit case to my hotel in Tokyo from the airport which made it so easy for me to get to the hotel on Keisei Line and had to walk down many steps to get to it and later to Tokyo on train and subway. The hotel is vey easy to find, only a minute or so from the station. The lobby is spacious and has a modern neat look. We can pick up our additional amenities such as bath salt, lotion and make-up remover at the front desk. It has a good security system of the elevator with a room card. I had a single room which I paid only 4700 yen through JAPANICAN. I was impressed with a modern simple designed and immaculately cleaned room. The room itself is not so large but has a queen size bed and an ample size desk , a little side table and a chair. Liquid soap, conditioner and shampoo are very high quality and had such beautiful fragrance and the whole room was filled with the pleasant fragrance the whole time I stayed. I regret I didn't purchase one of them there for the fear I'd have more things to carry. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well in a provided-sleeping shirt although it was way too large for me. I paid 1000 yen for a breakfast the first day. The selection was rather interesting with some Chinese dishes beside regular items such as soup, rice, sausages and eggs. I would have enjoyed a nice quiet time there if it weren't disturbed by a group of tourists from a certain Asian country with poor public manners. I bought some food at a near-by convenience store for a breakfast next morning. It was thoughtful of them to provide free newspapers (Japanese) in the morning. The hotel staff was polite and friendly. I chose this hotel for curiosity because of its popularity. I understood the reason however for the price I could get for a near-by (almost next door), I would choose the Comfort Hotel Narita next time that includes breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, UK
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The hotel itself is quite good: Location, Room, Shuttle services, however the breakfast has let it down big time (especially when compared with other Japanese hotels I have stayed in during my trip). When I walked into the restaurant, I was not sure whether I have found myself in a breakfast area of a quality chain hotel or some cheap Chinese Buffet. Meat Dumplings, Meatballs, Fried chicken (for breakfast?!!), cheap sausages, yet no flakes other than corn flakes, very little fruit & vegetables, no desserts. Pity.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends