“Good hotel close to the airport”

Narita Tobu Hotel Air Port
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Reviewed July 5, 2014

There is very, very little wrong with this hotel and it is only the lack of facilities in the immediate area that stops me rating it as a 5. This hotel represents very good value for money - large room, comfortable bed, decent Internet speed, plenty of hot water and all immaculately clean. The front desk staff were excellent and were informative, friendly and always eager to help.

There is a frequent complementary shuttle service between the hotel and the airport (pick it up from bus stop 25 in front of Terminal 2 Arrivals level). There is also a shuttle service to Narita Station and the AEON Mall. I cannot comment on the food because I ate only the Mall if I was not in Tokyo or Yokohama.

If you do want to stay near Narita Airport, I highly recommend giving this place a try.

One tip. There is no WiFi in the room and you will need to bring your own LAN cable if you want to make use of complimentary Internet access.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller669

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We picked Tobu hotel for its proximity to Narita Airport and had free shuttle service. I sent an email to the hotel via trip advisor requesting the shuttle service schedule and they were prompt in sending me the schedule the next day. We arrived late in the night in the terminal 1 and it was easy to find the shuttle bus stop and not to mention that the shuttle was on time. The check-in was swift and we were upgraded to a suite which was nice. As we found throughout the rest of our trip in Japan, the hotel staff were extremely polite and attentive. Even after we left the hotel, the staff was prompt in sending us some papers that we requested via e-mail. Overall a good transit hotel and would not mind going back. The only comment I have is that their carpets throughout the hotel can be upgraded. The floor carpets in our floor was fully molded, stained and smelled awful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Logan W
TobuNarita0476, 宿泊予約 at Narita Tobu Hotel Air Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for choosing Narita Tobu Hotel Airport and for your time to give us your review. It is pleasure for us to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are most delighted when the guests contact us about their wonderful stay and that always encourages us to try even harder. I hope your future travel plans to Japan will continue to include Narita Tobu Hotel Airport. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The shuttle bus service is very terrible. The staffs did not allow me to use the hotel shuttle bus service to Narita train station because I was with group tour. They only allowed me to use the hotel shuttle bus service to airport. The hotel website should clearly states the restrictions of the free hotel shuttle service.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for staying Narita Tobu Hotel Airport and for your time to give us your review.
We have free shuttle service to/from Narita train station for all our guests. However, if the group over 10 people we request to split and take separate shuttle, not the same shuttle all together, considering seat availability for other guests. We sincerely apologize that it was not stated in our website in English and also you had a bad experience. We will continue to make every effort to improve our service. We hope your future travel plans to Japan will continue to include Narita Tobu Hotel Airport.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I always stay here for overnight transit at Narita. Not only is it super close to the airport, but it has a pool for my son to enjoy. The food is mediocre, but the staff are super friendly and helpful. Rooms are a bit larger than typical Japanese hotel rooms, too. While the building is a little old, it is clean and well-kept.

Room Tip: Definitely request a non-smoking room if you're sensitive, and double check when you check in th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It's nothing special, it's old and a bit shabby. It's very big and superficially clean.
The staff is very friendly and speaks good English. The airport transfer works perfectly. The rooms (and beds) are very ample. There is a small supermarket in the hotel which is very convient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here as our flight was rescheduled to the following morning..It is very near to the airport, and it is definitely convenient when they provide shuttle buses from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. I also saw shuttle buses are provided from the hotel to narita train station and AEON mall but we didnt take it as we were pretty tired from our flight from LAX. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious. Recommended for those who are transiting :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here because we attended a scientific gathering that was hosted here. We only paid JPY 31500 for 3 nights and it was really value for money. We paid for a triple room and the room was really spacious and clean. Let me give you a rundown:

Room: Spacious and clean, enough outlets for the three of us in the room to charge all our gadgets. Free toiletries, miniref, coffee, and hairdryer are available. The room was cleaned everyday. The beds were bouncy, there was background music available and the speaker was in the bathroom (Haha, we found this weird). The room was opened using a key card but the electricity was not dependent on the keycard (Yey!). There was no safe though, which is always a concern for me. The bathroom has a tub and shower. It was very clean and it has a large enough counter for us to spread out our own toiletries (three sets). It was my first time to use a toilet with buttons for bidet, spray, etc. Tissue was abundant, as well as shampoo, conditioner, and soap, which were all placed in a dispenser.

Food: We were only able to avail the lunch buffet because of the conference. Our payment did not include free breakfast. The lunch was quite good by hotel standards. I was never fond of hotel food as I always find them to taste like crap but their food was really good. Free flowing drinks and vanilla ice cream (really good!) was also available. The only problem was, it takes a bit of time for the to refill empty plates but they do refill them.

Reception/Employees: Their employees were very polite. I think some of them have problem understanding English as there was one time I called to inform them that we are going to check out but leave our baggage in the hotel, and board the shuttle to the airport since we were going to take the train to Shibuya. I also asked for assistance since we have 4 heavy pieces of luggage with us. However, the only thing the front desk understood was that we were going to check out and that we will use the hotel shuttle to the airport. Since a lot of foreigners stay in the hotel, I think it would be advantageous to have the employees trained in English to avoid hiccups. Nevertheless, I still like that their employees were very helpful.

Area: The hotel is indeed near the airport; around 5 mins travel time with the shuttle. The hotel has shuttle to and from the airport every 30 mins (I think). They also have a shuttle going to JR Narita Station and Aeon Mall. If you stay here, do try to avail of this service. Naritasan Temple is very close to JR Narita Station, may 15-20 minutes walk along Omotesando St. which is full of shops and restaurants (eat in Chrysanthemum House, the hostess is very kind and the unagi is SUPERB). Aeon Mall is just like any mall really, lots of restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the Daiso there since the items were only around JPY 100, cheaper than in the Philippines.

Overall: I would stay here again if I travel to Narita again in the future. However, I think I'd like to go and roam Tokyo next time, instead of Narita. Anyway, really good hotel; people should consider staying here when they are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business