See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for our first anniversary, and we enjoyed it a lot! We got one of the larger rooms on the upper floor. The hotel has an onsen, a steam sauna for ladies and a dry sauna for men. The breakfast was also good, there were plenty of seats when I went. Staff was friendly. The only downside is this hotel doesn't offer room service. Great choice, I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
chiba573, お客様担当マネージャー at Candeo Hotels Chiba, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for choosing Candeo-Hotels Chiba. We will do our best to provide the better service for our guests. We do wish you have a great memory for staying in japan.
Candeo Hotel Chiba
Front Desk KEI

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my family while on a business strip for almost two weeks and we really enjoyed our stay.

The service is impeccable, and our room was very spacious for a Japanese hotel; we also had a great view of the bay. The spa makes for a very relaxing experience after a long day.

In all, I would highly recommend this hotel. Some reviewers have complained about breakfast, and I would agree it is somewhat overpriced and gets very crowded. I booked my room without breakfast and that worked out great.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Enrique S
Management response:Responded December 6, 2016

Thank you for choosing Candeo Hotels Chiba, the TripAdvisor Service has been already activated. We are looking forward to serving you again! CANDEO HOTELS CHIBA

Reviewed June 18, 2016

Stayed here for work reasons. About an hour's travel from Narita airport and about an hour's travel from Tokyo. Hotel was clean and tidy and had everything I needed. Breakfast wasn't up to much. 15 mins brisk walk from Chiba station and I found it to be a useful base from which to explore Tokyo for a couple of days without having to take all my bags into Tokyo. And by taking the train into Tokyo one particular day I was able to take the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto and back on one particular day. Trains into Tokyo cost 670 yen. Trains to the airport were 640 yen.
Supermarket very near the hotel and a little restaurant nearby too. All in all, if you're fit and healthy and don't mind a walk, a great hotel to get to from the airport and use as a base to explore.

Room tip: Room in the 11th floor was fine
Date of stay: May 2016

Reviewed November 26, 2015

This hotel is offering what a hotel has to offer and that's it. The rooms are small, however it you're on the top floor, the view is nice, during sunny days you can see the Tokyo Bay, which is amazing. Breakfast is under average, but yet again, nice view. The bar on the top closed before I got back to the hotel at the night. There is 7/11 right across the street and few restaurants in the area, but don't expect anything special. Staff hardly speak English, which I like because I could practice my terrible Japanese :)

Room tip: Top floor recommended
Date of stay: November 2015

Reviewed November 11, 2015

This is the 3rd time that I have stayed at this Hotel as it was part of an event that I attended so had no other choice.and although it is a big hotel it lacks the facilities and atmosphere of similar sized hotels in other countries.
The single rooms are small but comfortable but the hotel doesn't have facilities like a gymnasium, pool or house bar that is open more than a few hours each day..

Room tip: Chose a Double room as the single room is very small.
Date of stay: October 2015