Stayed here two nights for a convention.
Verdict: This is a large hotel that was obviously once excellent but is now in need of a revamp.
Service from check-in till check-out was excellent and the hotel has been maintained fairly well considering its age.
Its reputation as a business hotel has, however, suffered due to several factors. Point to note: switches on the walls state 'National' and this brand has ceased to exist since 2003.
1) Although rooms are large, the desk is fairly small, almost child-sized, and not quite conducive for work.
2) The entire room seriously needs more wall power sockets. After plugging your laptop into the one spare they have near the desk, there's none left for a phone charger or to plug a portable router into. Which brings me to the next point.
3) NO WiFi. This is seriously unacceptable for a business hotel these days. To use WiFi in the lobby, you'll have to purchase a WiFi card. Considering how WiFi is readily available for free in so many cheaper hotels in Tokyo, this really is a letdown.
4) Wired LAN in-room is chargeable.
5) Mattresses need to be replaced. They are quite honestly at least 10 years old, probably older. Everyone in our party said the mattresses weren't in the best shape and I could feel the bed springs beneath me.
1) Breakfast was good. Sufficient variety with attention paid to detail - the chef wrote 'Morning' on my omelette in tomato ketchup. Nice touch!
2) Restaurants in the hotel are probably the best in the area. I had excellent Teppanyaki and dessert.
3) This hotel's proximity to the Makuhari Messe cannot be ignored. If you're all about location, you can't go wrong with this place.
Unless the management is willing to invest in modernizing this hotel, I really can't recommend it despite its location. Certainly not good value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Otani Makuhari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Makuhari Chiba
- Hotel New Otani Makuhari