“Its ok...with some nice things.”

Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels / Ryokan in Chiba
Nagoya, Japan
“Its ok...with some nice things.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I booked based on reviews of the bed. My non-smoking room had a large bed, but it was just two smaller beds pushed together. So, there was a bump in the middle of the bed and I had to sleep on one narrow side. The bed was super-hard!

The room itself was fine, and the bathroom had some character, with a nice burgundy colour rather than the sterile white I see at most budget hotels. The room had good temperature control so it was comfortable in that sense.

The hotel has wifi, but it kept cutting in and out. However, it was decent when sitting at the desk.

I didn't stay for the breakfast, but there was a continental style offered. The check out was simple; just put my room key in a box and away we went.

Room Tip: make sure they give you a proper bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steven_nagoya
Y.YOSHIDA, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16.
Thank you again for your useful contribution comment.
We are sorry that you felt uncomfortable for a bed.
We will examine the cause,【We assumed attaching the adjuster was probably
inappropriate when we are setting a bed】and make efforts for improvement.
We will keep efforts to insure customer satisfaction in the future.
We are looking forward to your staying here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family stated this hotel for 2 nights. Hotel is located in a quiet low-dense residential area. Best for driving trip like us. Parking is available in front of hotel. Very convenience.
Rooms are good and uniquely provided a double-deck bed to make a 3-person room. Very clean and effective.
Overall this hotel is best value for money. Will certainly consider to visit again. Thumb up!

• Stayed August 2013
Y.YOSHIDA, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us.
We are happy you stay comfatable.
If you have a chance to visit Japan, we hope you choose our hotel again.
Front Clerk Yuta Yoshida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Chisun Inn Hamano is located amid residential and industrial areas. It is not at all suitable for tourists despite it's cheaper room rates as there is nothing or little to see around the hotel.

Communicating with the staff is a considerable problem as they know very little English. Food may also be a problem as there are only a few food shops or restaurants nearby.

The nearest city is Chiba where you may find a number of tourist attractions worth visiting. It is three train stations away from Hamano and takes about 15 mins to reach. The fare is 190 yen each way. You have to walk 500m to Hamano station and vice versa, which is an important consideration for those with huge and heavy luggages.

A tourist may hence be better off staying in a hotel in Chiba than Hamano since the latter's lower room rate has already been completely off set by the fares and inconveniences. There is little comparative advantage in this sense. This conclusion is based on my own experience as a tourist with Chisun Hamano and is not intended to discredit hotel. Honestly speaking, the hotel is new, clean and adequately equipped in terms of its amenities and facilities. The choice is still yours however. My assumption about the hotel is that it is primarily targeted at the business travellers, not tourists.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank snookie51
Y.YOSHIDA, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Chiba-Hamano and thank you again for your useful contribution comment.
We assume a guest moved to by car in a main target in our hotel.
The guest of the sightseeing purpose visits the various sightseeing spots by car based in our hotel and enjoys sightseeing.
As for the guest of the business purpose, it is gone to each workplace by car.
We think that it becomes extremely restrictive if guests see the sights around our hotel without using the car.
We would like to improve English conversational ability of the staff from now on so that a foreign guest does not feel inconvenience.

We are looking forward to your staying here again.
Cherating, Malaysia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Walking distance to Hamano Station (by walking 10 minutes). Rooms are small but clean. Provides american and japanese breakfast with additional payment. Rate is cheaper than any other hotel if you want to stay on budget but near Tokyo Disney Resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank russel1409
Y.YOSHIDA, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your staying with us.
we are glad to read your review.
We are going to make an effort to stay our customer can stay comfortable.
We hope you choose our hotel again you visit Chiba prefecture next.
Thnak you and best regard,
Hotel Manager
Yuta Yoshida
Missoula, Montana, USA
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed in this hotel because of the surroundings (*much* quieter than downtown Tokyo). Also somewhat due to price, but that was a secondary concern. I have to say that I really like it. While the odd policy of not being able to allow members to receive Smileage cards (point cards) outside Japan meant that I had to time the application correctly to receive it at my hotel in Narita the first night, it was overall a pleasant experience.

Getting there: Clearer signage from Hamano station is needed. I didn't see any signs directing me to it until a few hundred meters down the road from the station and had to rely on Google Maps. Once I got there, though, the front desk allowed me to check in early as an exception to the usual policy, which I appreciate, and worked with me when I couldn't get the credit card payment to process correctly the first time.

The room itself, however, is rather small. Most of the space is taken up by a double bed, and my rolling suitcase took up most of the hallway between the door and room. The unit bath is nice, however- the bathtub was large enough, and the washlet functioned well. And the bed itself was quite comfortable. All in all, a nice enough place to sleep. Though I had some trouble with the refrigerator and ended up getting something stuck in it.

Breakfast: Very Japanese-oriented, but as mine was included in the room charge it worked out well. To be honest, I never tried the pickled items because I couldn't really figure out whether my allergies would act up, but the miso soup, western items, and rice were all good (well, their definition of bacon seems to be different from what I expected, but I seem to be one of only a very few foreign guests here, so it's understandable) and the drink selection is reasonable. (I personally don't like fruit juice from concentrate, but the tea is good).

Overall: For the price I paid I consider it quite reasonable and with appropriate planning (one stop on a local/rapd to Soga then a limited express train gets you to Tokyo Station in 40-ish minutes) it's another good alternative to staying downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Y.YOSHIDA, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Chiba Hamano R16, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for your staying with us.
we are glad to read your review.
We are going to make an effort to stay our customer can stay comfortable.
We hope you choose our hotel again you visit Chiba prefecture next.
Thnak you and best regard,