“welcome to Hokkaido...pit stop #1”

Otaru Orgel Museum Main Building
Ranked #1 of 28 Shopping in Otaru
Reviewed January 17, 2014

this place is a must for any visitor to Hokkaido, of course what is a tourist place WITHOUT the sale of merchandise but i enjoyed visiting this place for introducing me to the beautiful retail scene than Hokkaido has...

1  Thank singlish_sg

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The music box museum is one of the more famous tourist spots to visit while in Otaru. The music boxes they sell here come in all shapes and sizes, from heart-shaped ones, to angel-like ones and even to intriguing sushi-shaped ones! I think this shop would make a great stopover for anyone looking to buy presents for friends or family back home. Do keep in mind that the music boxes can be a little bit pricey, depending on item in mind! Besides music boxes, there are small sections towards the back of the main building that sells jewellery and plush toys, should music boxes not interest you. If my memory serves me right, I do believe they’ll bubble-wrap the fragile items at the counter, and might even offer to gift-wrap them for you.

1  Thank 91MJJC19
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've always been interested in the art of music boxes. The Otaru Orgel Museum was a stunning place for me! In general, the structure itself is very historical and the inside holds even more amazing antiques! There are many stories in the building each with unique pieces of history! The museum itself is a visual treat with great antique pieces. The museum holds music boxes new and old, large and small. I was amazed to see the great amount of historical music boxes they had at the museum! In addition, the store offered a wide variety of charming music boxes. They had hundreds of songs to choose from! Each music box is very customize-able since you are able to choose your own case or box. I really enjoyed seeing all the merchandise and they are all fairly well priced. I defiantly recommend anyone visiting Otaru to visit this historical place!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

You will find music box in almost every form you can imagine of, with reasonable price. Though I'm not a big music box fan, I cannot help but buy myself a few!
This is a also a good place to start the Otaru attraction route to the Otaru canal and enjoy the great varieties of food along the way.

1  Thank asianchef
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were delighted with this place.
Endless counters of music boxes in all shapes and sizes!
Some of them were creative too!
Throughout the place, tunes of music fill the air.
Great for presents and souvenirs.
Will definitely walk away with a box or two.