All reviews jr pillows station location bed bathroom onsen flight airport
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2019

This is right next to the JR Train station in Chitose, and it is very pragmatic, given the location, great price, minimalist functionality, quick checkin and checkout, access to the city of Chitose, and the train station to go anywhere, or the New Chitose Airport (2 stops away).
The room is super small, typical of a budget hotel, but there are a few things that are cool, including a range of pillows available near reception, just choose and take to your room. A 7-11 convenience store is less than 100 meters away under the JR train station allowing easy access to a light late night snack, or as a breakfast snack (I was departing very early, before breakfast was served at the hotel). I missed out on using the onsen (I really wanted to), because I found a great restaurant (Yakitori) in the city and got back a bit too late, given my early departure time.

This is a great 3 star hotel...... I grade it 3 stars as it can not compare with high end full service hotels, BUT for the purpose I used this hotel, it was fantastic. I accept those excellent ratings by others as reflecting the convenience, functionality & location of this hotel and thoroughly recommend it, as long as you understand you are staying in a budget hotel.

The room had a refrigerator, water kettle, TV and bed. There was no closet and I managed to hang a few items on a hanging structure. Think small efficient budget & this hotel did a great job at that ..... way way better than other budget hotels I have stayed at!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

The reception desk was exceptionally friendly. Both staff toggling back and forth to serve our family. I didnt know which one to approach. They both extended their welcome. Nice people.

This location, I assumed would be attached to the Chitose JR. It wasn’t. It’s a 5 minute walk from the train platform. Not too far, follow the hotel signs carefully and keep your coat and gloves on.

I chose this hotel because of the proximity to the Chitose airport; just two stops away on the JR for our 9:20am flight. It was fine. Taking a cab to the airport is approx 2000yen. But the JR was 350yen for traveling the two stations for each person. If you have many luggage, the cab couldn’t work well in your favour.

The rooms are simple, onsen very good. Library coffee/tea lounge relaxing.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Very close to Chitose JR Station, quiet and spotless rooms. When we arrived the staff were helpful, considerate and very polite. Couldn't find any fault with the room, plenty of plug sockets including ones next to the bed.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2018

This is a medium sized contemporary japanese hotel. The JR Inn chain all have the same features which include an onsen and library. The Chitose hotel is not as big as the Sapporo hotel but it is very convenient for the airport.

We found:
- the room to be small - but not by Japanese standards
- several places to eat within walking distance including a 7-11 and a Lawson. Just around the corner is an Aeon shopping centre which has a large department store and several fast food chains including McDonalds in it.
- the free parking to be handy
- the library to be great
- the onsen to be small but very nice indeed
- the location to be excellent for a quick trip into the airport
- the room and bathroom to be ultra clean
- the layout of the room to be very well designed

We also found:
- the range of pillows to be disturbing. Seriously who chooses a pillow full of plastic beads?
- a surprising amount of noise through the window (which was double glazed)

Would we recommend it? Absolutely for everyone but large families.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank lex_loci_david
Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the night as our flight out of Hokkaido was at 8am. The first JR train only departs Chitose about 6.50am. The first bus departs about 6.15am. We hired cabs to ensure we got to the airport on time.

The good:
- right next to the JR station
- walking distance to bus station and Aeon mall
- decent japanese restaurant at the hotel
- semi-double beds were of decent size which could fit 2adults and a child(we were a party of 5 adults and 3 kids)
- functional onsen
- nice common area with free coffee and classic comics

Date of stay: December 2018