All reviews deluxe twin room onsen hotel huge glass private onsen lake view public bath shuttle bus first floor high end two nights open the window chitose airport non smoking room nice hotel snow sapporo otaru
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2015

The location of this hotel is very good, just next to the main street and the lake. If you drive, there are around 10-15 parking lot just in front of the main entrance of the hotel.

We drove our car to the hotel. When we got off our car, the staff of the hotel immediate came out and help us to take our baggages to the lobby of the hotel. You can get a glass of delicious welcome drink while you are waiting for check-in.

We stayed in a room on the 2/F. It is in fact a combination of 2 rooms: 1 Western twin room and 1 Japanese "tatami" room, which can accomodate 4 people. The room is tidy and neat. It is quite a pity that although the room is facing the lake, we can't see the lake as it is blocked by some trees.

The public onsen is on the basement floor. There are 2 public onsen and 1 cold water bath. The environment is good but I think the water temperature is not hot enough.

Our room has a private onsen, I think the private onsen is more comfortable as the water temperature is much higher. And I feel that the onsen water in the private onsen is "smoother" (if you know what I mean) than the public one.

There are two restaurants in the hotel. One for ordinary Japanese cuisine and another one for grilled (BBQ) food. We tried the latter.

The restaurant is small and there are several compartments as well as a chef table where you can see the chef preparing your grilled food. We were arranged to dine at one the compartments. The dishes are delicated and delicious. The atomsphere is relaxing and enjoyable. Although the waiter was not fluent in English, he tried his best to introduce every dish to us. The seafood is fresh and the beef melts in your mouth! We spent 2 hours having our dinner.

Staff will prepare your beds in the Japanese style room when you dine. The beds are confortable and we had a good sleep.

Breakfast is tranditional Japanese style, many dishes which are, again, delicated and very yummy.

Highly recommend this hotel if you want to try a traditional Japanese onsen hotel. Staff are welcoming and the environment is relaxing. The room rate is more than US$750 for 4 people per night which may seem pricy, but having considered the quality service and delicious food we had, I think it worths.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 7, 2015

I love this hotel. Pampered luxury, and for the price a very good value.
My son and I arrived on the ferry at Tomakomai and bicycled the 30km (in the rain) up the lovely bike path to arrive soaking wet at the hotel. They could not have been nicer had we been wearing Tuxedoes. We were escorted to a table with chairs, given cold towels and a couple of sweets, and very casually went through the check- in process. No standing at a counter to check- in here.
Our room (number 220) was huge, with an entryway with closet, toilet and sink; a tatami mat room with low table; a bedroom and sitting room / work desk area; another closet and separate sink, toilet and shower / tub room; outside, a granite floor shower / spigot for soaping up and rinsing off before slipping into the private onsen, and next to the private onsen, a balcony with table and chairs with a view towards Lake Shikotsuko.
We had a half- board rate. The dinner was in a beautiful restaurant with stone slabs to walk through a pool of rocks. There were a number of one- and two- table tatami mat rooms which gave the dinner an intimate feeling. The service was outstanding. The food was a Kaiseki course with many varieties of fish, vegetable and meat, too many to describe, but very tasty and impeccable presentation.
The Bar only opens at 9pm. It’s small and looks like what I imagine an old gentlemen’s club would look like. Service was a bit slow.
Breakfast the next morning was traditional, on a tatami mat in a beautiful setting.
There’s a complimentary coffee / tea bar in the lobby.
There’s not much going on besides the local onsen and walks along the lake. But the natural beauty is great, the caldera lake being flanked by volcanic cones east and west. A boat trip would bring the best views of those.
The hotel staff really made the difference. They were great. Highly recommended.

Room tip: There are a few rooms with a private onsen, they are well worth the extra cost.
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed June 28, 2015

Lovely and quaint Onsen resort tucked away in Lake Shikotsuko, which is a shorter drive from Sapporo and less touristy compared to Lake Toya. Parking onsite is free, and since it was just one night stay, we splurged a bit and chose a room with a mini private onsen attached + half-board provided.

Room showed sign of ageing, but pretty well maintained and clean as you will expect at a typical Japanese establishment. Half-board definitely required as there aren't many shops in this area and most closed by 5pm; be sure to stock up a bit of snacks / bites if you are the peckish sort.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed May 22, 2015 via mobile

This lovely Onsen resort is luxury at its very best. Although the entire website is in Japanese I wrote an email in English to inquire about the rooms on offer and we got a friendly call from Ayako San explaining to us the different rooms they had.

We had specific request in that we wanted an outdoor private Onsen over looking the lake in our room and that's exactly what we got. The resort only has 29 rooms and only 2 with the kind of room I requested.

The resort offers free daily pick up and drop off to Chitose station and everything was provided on time and it's about 30 mins drive to/from the resort.

Check in was extremely personal where u sit an relax over looking the lake and Ayako San came over to greet us and explain the resorts facilities and showed us to our room.

Our room was extremely huge including a living area. Strangely the resort only provides twin bed sleeping arrangements which is very strange for me considering it's a hotel for adults.

The best part of our room no doubt is the private Onsen which we enjoyed immensely and worth the extravagant amount of money we paid. The water makes your skin feel so smooth and soft all while enjoying the wonderful view. It's really quite an experience. The resort does have a public Onsen which has 2 or 3 different pools but we did not try it.

We also took the package which includes meals. It was served in the restaurant and it was a traditional Japanese meal which i was honestly under impressed with considering the amount they charge for it. Breakfast was also traditional Japanese food which was huge and had so much variety. I felt the hotel should have made the menus explaining what was served in English for their foreign guest. With everything in Japanese it was difficult for us to appreciate the importance of the ingredients And the dish which would have certainly added value.

Finally with Lake Shikotsuko Agee steps away we took a very nice stroll around the lake which is absolutely beautiful with friendly locals all around.

All in all this is a very lovely resort with great charm and service but you need to be ready to pay for it.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cyrix_05
Reviewed May 9, 2015

We went to Sapporo Snow festival and no more room in Sapporo at that time. So we had to stay in Shikotsuko for1 night. Due to higher price rate I need to think again and again before book. However, as I have no choice I book at Shikotsuko Daiichi club. The one with French restaurant. But once I was there, I felt like it's worth to pay this price.
The room and the facility are in high quality. The place is very clean. Although it's winter it is warm inside. The skin care the provide also are good brand as well. Although there has nothing much in surrounding, if you are a nature lover, you will definitely love there. As we stay in french club, the food they serve are western style.
I do love their food quality. The portion and the taste is exactly can satisfy for a person. I even did not feel like I was staying in hotel. I am visiting to my relative house.
The jacuzzi inside room is big and very relaxing too.
Only the difficulty is the distance from Chitose airport. If your flight time is after 4pm, no more transportation for you. No choice you have to take taxi and the Japan taxi are quite expensive. However, the taxi service also can consider a good service in Japan too.
If you are staying in Daiichi french club please look for Okubo kenta san.
He is very nice and willing to help people with always smiling face.

Date of stay: February 2015