“Go during Fall or Spring”
Review of Korakuen Garden

Korakuen Garden
Book In Advance
More Info
$736.43*
and up
2-Day Hiroshima Tour from Osaka Including...
Ranked #1 of 224 things to do in Okayama
Reviewed October 18, 2012

as title says, it is best to go when you can see the changing of the leaves or the cherry blossoms, however the plum blossoms are just as good, and bloom just before the cherry blossoms, (march?)

1  Thank NietzscheWorld
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)
All reviews
"walk around"
"sunny day"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2012

What should I be writing about this garden? I would say that a wrong time to visit this garden? After reading the write ups about this garden in Okayama, me and my friend decided to visit this garden while on our way to Hiroshima.

I would say it was rather a typical garden to me, not much flowers and colors you would expect them to be like other seasons (Spring and Autumn). Mostly the plants are in green and I was hoping to see some autumn leaves but not in luck. Think we stay about an hour to walk around this garden and maybe September season is not a good time to hope for an extraordinary landscape in Korakuen. Not many visitors when we were there. People who have actually ranked this garden a top 3 in Japan, I am kinda wondering why?

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The garden is smaller than we thought- but it is so pretty it is unbelievable! In contrast to other reviews here- we thought the grass and rice fields in the middle of the garden made it look so much more peaceful and pretty.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

pretty large japanese garde. the view of the garden and okayama castele is list like a post card. must visit in okayama.