Daiwa Roynet Hotel Okayama Ekimae
JAPANiCAN.com
$147
$138
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbic camerahotel is locatedperfect locationsmall windowjr stationbathroom cubiclebedroom areastayed at this hotel for nightsother hotelsaeon mallnon smokingspeak englishstaff at receptionjapanese standardsfifth floortwin roomcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how large my room was. The entrance is more than large enough to accommodate my luggage and walk around eith ease, which has been a problem in a few places. My room came with I believe a queen size bed, small couch, large desk and plenty of room in between.
I don't know how English friendly the staff is as we spoke to them in Japanese, but seeing as every thing written everywhere here had English on it It's probably a safe bet that they get a lot of western travelers and speak some English.
When we got in the elevator we noticed a basement that connects directly to the station. That will come in handy next time.

The only problems I have is that the Internet keeps cutting out (that may be due to me staying on the eighth floor) and all night there was a very loud clicking noise. I don't know from what, if I had to guess I'd say the air conditioner, although it was fine during the day.
The hotel is right on top of a bic camera so it's pretty easy to find from the outside.

• Stayed: October 2013
ダイワロイネットホテル岡山駅前01, 支配人 at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Okayama Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

But I'm sorry internet connection not convenient.
It offers free Wi-Fi in the rooms at the hotel all of us. No password is required. We will support if it is in trouble on the Internet.

Our hotel is connected by underground passage from Okayama Station. The room is large, there is a wide enough even bring a big luggage of visitors from overseas.
Location of the hotel is in front of Okayama Station. Finding our hotel from Okayama station is easy.

Thank you for your e-mail in your busy. when you came to the Okayama Japan.
We looking forward to seen you.

Best regard
Daiwaroynet hotel okayamaekimae

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is literally in front of you when you walk out of the Okayama train station! No more to say about that.. The service was good and they seem to be able to speak English well. The rooms are big, compared to the Japanese standard. Having booked a double, there was a sofa and coffee table at the end of the bed and a desk with T.V and an Ethernet plug for your laptop. Bathtub and shower were of good size and excellent condition. Best of all.. by far, was the buffet breakfast! Make sure to make full use of this, as they serve great food. The dining room also overlooks the train station, which makes for an entertaining view. Recommended and will stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the fifth floor and the signs on ground level are mostly in Japanese.. so if you are a foreigner like myself, look up, and you will see the big Daiwa Roynet writing on the side of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Daiwa Roynet is opposite JR Okayama Station, and is on the corner of Momotaro-Odori Street. It is above Bic Camera which is in the same building. The hotel lobby is on the fifth floor with the main entrance being a small passageway, opposite the tram terminus which is also on Momotaro-Odori Street.
Our room 736 was large with an area of 28 square metres. It has a small 2 seater couch for watching TV which is on the dressing table which in turn, is on the same wall as the head board for the double size twin beds.
The bathroom has a high 20 cm (approximate) step up and into it.
Every thing was clean and tidy.
I was quite impressed with the service. On arrival at our room we noticed a smell which was like model aeroplane glue. The smell wasn't too bad so we did not say anything to the hotel staff when we went out sightseeing. When we returned late afternoon, we found a phone message to contact the lobby. They informed us that the hotel had been doing major cleaning and that they were concerned that the smell might bother us. They asked if we wished to change our room but we said no as we were quite happy with the room. It was nice of the hotel to offer. The smell seemed to have gone by next morning.
We would be happy to stay here again if in Okayama.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I really prefer this hotel group which locate most of major cities in Japan, every hotel provide free WiFi access, reasonably comfortable stay.
Room area is not wide like foreign standard but clearly superior than traditional type of Japanese business hotels which belongs to similar price range.

Visitors who can try online booking on Japanese web site, there are more booking options combined various coupon which can be used at the most of convenience store, points based member system is also available for frequent visitors.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank outhome
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Of the half dozen or so hotels we stayed in on a whirlwind business trip to Japan, this was the best. Brand-new, spacious, modern rooms; comfortable beds; easy check-in and check-out. Wired internet in the rooms (wi-fi would be nice, but this will do.) But the best thing was the breakfast: a buffet with a huge number of choices: grilled or marinated fish, various marinated vegetables, potato croquettes, and of course tofu, miso soup and all the Japanese staples. All super-fresh and abundant. My Japanese colleagues loved it too, and said you'd never get this kind of breakfast in Tokyo - it's too time consuming to make. There's also a very decent izakaya place in the building, and dozens of restaurant choices just a block or two away.

I'd happily stay at this place again and again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business