All reviews minute walk around the corner the main street historic area walking distance train station excellent location bikan district other hotels art museum japanese standards old town wifi canal luggage
Reviewed October 29, 2017

I have been way overdue in providing this review (we stayed there June 2017) -- when I arrived at the hotel and went to check in, I suddenly realized that while I had my sons' passports, mine was missing. The hotel manager and a guest support employee went above and beyond helping me solve this issue. Ultimately they took me to the police to file a report (required in order to replace my passport) and then when the police actually tracked it down at a train station several towns away, the manager took me the next day to retrieve it. When I thanked him for his help, he said it was his job to ensure his guests had a positive experience. For this alone, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank AmandaL6068
Reviewed October 24, 2017

This hotel has been founded by my company owner. It was such a wonderful experience to stay here. The rooms are quite spacious and the front desk staff is very friendly. Walking distance from Kurashiki station. Walking distance to the picturesque canal and Ohara museum.

Room Tip: Request front staff for king size bed if you are traveling alone
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2017

a 15 minute walk from the station with super friendly staff , the rooms are a little tired and a wee bit expensive but the location is fantastic with it being right by the historical sector . There are some fantastic local eateries close by

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a quick cab ride from the station about 6 min. Luggage was heavy or we would of walked. Staff very kind and attentive! Room size was quite good for Japan although the hotel is an older one and dated. We found the room comfortable and having everything we needed. The location is tremendous just a block to the area with stores, history and a art museum . Perfect for an overnight and the price was great!
Would recommend it if you are looking to be comfortable without high tech!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, everyone was concerned for my happiness..they hurried to open doors, asked if I was happy, etc. They found me a quiet room with a view of the rooftops and hills. There is a feeling of hospitality everywhere..the soft scent of Oriental lilies in the hallway..an origami crane on the desk..lovely teas, a fresh flower in the room. Later, when I asked why the @ was slow..two separate visits from the manager to ensure it was now working..it did..the rain was the issue. Location can not be better..around the corner from the old town, the canals, all the tourist sites,etc a 10 minute walk down the main street from the train station. Many sweet memories of exceptional hospitality!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo