Ok, here is a non-exhaustive list of the inconvenients of this hostel:
- it's far from the train station (40 mn walk, assuming you don't get lost)
- even by bus, you still have to walk up a hill for 10 mn through a dodgy area and a cemetary (it may be by night, in the rain, with a heavy luggage and a dog barking at you)
- the guy at the reception is the most unpleasant Japanese I've ever met, cold as ice
- the toilets and wash rooms are not heated. In early spring, it was freezing cold
- the place is so unpopular that you may be the only guest in the hostel. Not a good place to have fun then
Now, let's be honest, there IS one advantage of this hostel:
- the place is so unpopular that you may be the only guest in the hostel: you may have a 4-bed dormitary for yourself only
My personal advice: stay at a hostel elsewhere (Okayama for example, or even further) and take the train to visit Kurashiki. It's not worth it to stay over there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking:5 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten so you can book your Kurashiki Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.