“Sushi with attitude”

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed May 12, 2017

The restaurant serves chef's menus, which are prepared in front of the customers and served right on the table with humorously strict guidance of using or not using soy. Our menu consisted of different tuna, yellowtail, squid, baby squid, sea urchin octopus etc. nigiris and gunkan sushi, most of them very good and some a bit adventurous, and all of them really fresh. The restaurant is small and you might have to wait a bit, but it is worth the wait. The greetings (Hai! Arigato!) of the staff to leaving and arriving customers creates a nice, funny athmosphere. Definitely a holistic experience.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

i had experience to toyama and have couple hours here so i search best sushi in toyoma and here sushiie comes up. The sushi is very fresh and tasty and not expensive. i eat around 10 sushi and it cost only 4000 yen.also, chef is very ftiendly.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Sushi is one of my favorates, and I think I can say that I have eaten in 2 high end sushi places, and this was one of them.
Of corse high end sushi are more common than 2 places, but an avarage set (14 nigiri) will cost you at least 12,000 yen and more.
This place has the same set at 5500 yen. We just asked them to surprise us, and that was the right thing to do. Every peice was heaven.
Expect an hour wait.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed January 11, 2017

This is the best place for sushi lovers in Toyama. They have variety of sushi, which are fresh and extremely tasty, thus expensive.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed December 21, 2016

While planning for our trip to the central area of Japan, we were advised by a Japanese guide at the travel fair to schedule a visit to Toyama for fresh sushi. Upon further research, my wife came to know about Sushi Ei, which was rated highly. We went there with high expectation based on what we had read, yet not knowing exactly what to expect. We went to the restaurant half an hour before it opened for dinner and were advised to come back half an hour later. When we went back slightly more than half an hour later, the restaurant was already half full even though it was only 5pm. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given the menu in English with a little bit of explanation. When we were told that cash would be accepted, I was somewhat apprehensive that I might not have enough cash. I showed the staff f my wallet and he assured that it was more than adequate. When we saw that the most expensive omakase set was JPY5,500, we decided to go for it. The set consisted of about 12 sushi pieces and each piece was just fabulous. The interval for each piece was perfect, coming neither too soon nor too late. The entire dining experience was more than what we expected, despite having gone there with very high expectation. While I have tasted equally excellent sushi elsewhere, the price at those other places was 3 times higher. Considering both the quality and the price, I have never dinned at a better sushi restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2016