All reviews perfect location sushi department store alpine route nice hotel train station rail elevator bedroom desk lobby floor luggage castle
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Having lived in this town many years ago, I returned with my husband to visit friends. The good points; close to the station, many restaurants in adjacent department store, 100 yen shop and souvenir shop near by, lovely welcoming and friendly breakfast staff (adequate breakfast) and very clean rooms. The negative, can not open room window, on check in, staff on duty were very unhelpful; did not know stations along the local train line so could not read timetable to tell me the times of trains, very inflexible with early check in or late check out. Just wanted to put luggage in room before going to meet friends but not allowed. Our train left at 12 noon but was told I'd have to pay for one hour extension even thought there were many rooms to be cleaned on the floor I stayed on and they would not have all been done at once. Would choose another hotel just across the road from the station next time. Reception staff let down my experience here.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank prpn
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Toyama Chitetsu Hotel adjacent to the Station was perfect for our early arrival for the easy bag drop off. They also gave us two free tram tickets each which saved us a few hundred yen. Hotel was pretty comfortable and spacious for business hotel standards. Staff were efficient and courteous on top of it to make for a great stay.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2017

I booked this hotel as I wanted to leave very early to the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Trail. It is directly above the Dentetsu Toyama train station. The entry is in fact very difficult to find. I was lucky and found it at the first shot. When you go up the stairs to Dentetsu train station and stop directly in front of the entry. You have the shopping center entry of Toyama to your right and a door on your left. There are only Japanese signs. Enter the automatic door to your left and go to the first floor which is the lobby of the Hotel. The only sign I found were the small letters in the elevator where you can read 'lobby'. They speak basic English so communication won't be a big problem. The hotel itself is moderate and clean. Everything you will need for a short night before departing to Tateyama-Kurobe Trail. I mentioned that I wanted to leave early in the morning (4.30am), so there was staff at the reception.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there the night before getting on the alpine route. Extremely practical location, at the train station, although a business hotel, the bedroom was very comfortable. We could even send our luggage to the end of the alpine route to travel light during the day.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Good luck finding it if you don't speak Japanese. The hotel is right next to the JR train station, however the entrance is on the podium level and the only signage in English is on the door. The doorway looks like a lift lobby entrance to an office building. On entering the building there is an information board,however it is entirely in Japanese ( the lobby is on the second floor). The looby looks tired and cluttered - looks more like a hostel lobby. The staff were friendly, but English was rudementary.
Had requested a non smoking room, however, the entire floor and the room had the unmistakable odor of stale cigarettes masked by whatever cleaning agent they use.
The room was large with plenty of room to move, but as well of the masked cigarette smell, it looked tired and shabby.
There are a number of eating options close by, but again, a number were on an upper floor and it wasn't easy to find the entrance.
Overall, for the price, it wasn't a bad deal.

Date of stay: September 2017